one of the nurses at the hospital was talking to us, while we were there, about how when babies breastfeed, there is a chemical reaction that acts like a sleeping pill and makes you very sleepy..
she wasn't kidding!
I feel so bad because everyday that John comes home for lunch, I am napping and nothing has been done!
All I do is feed Gianna, walk around and bounce her to keep her from crying and then when she FINALLY wants to nap...
(in my arms ONLY)
then i fall asleep!
So much for getting anything done!
AH!
I don't think John quite understands why I am so tired all the time.
She only wakes up once at night, but I am usually up with her for 2-3 hours that one time!
Then I nap once or twice during the day...I am sure it feels to him like all I do is sleep!
But somehow, even after those naps, I am still exhausted!
Everytime she breastfeeds I get SUPER thirsty and SUPER tired....
I just can't help it!
I get one load of laundry done (not even folded, just washed and dried) and put away some dishes and I feel super productive!
Hopefully I can get my act together soon and start pulling my own weight!
Poor John.
don't feel bad, it's super overwhelming at first...but gets better.
ReplyDeleteI felt like that for the first few months, it does get better, one day you will start feeling "normal" again. Good Luck, oh and swaddle her, it may really help her sleep on her own, which will help you rest better when you get to rest :)
ReplyDelete