I was pretty anti-pacifier before we had Gianna.
Mostly because I heard they can give babies ear infections and all sorts of stuff...
But then I read that it can prevent the tongue from falling back into the mouth while sleeping...therefore decreasing the risk of sids.
Gianna's tongue hits her soft pallet and so this was a concern of mine...So pacifiers it was!
We started out using the "soothie" pacifier from the hospital...
Gianna LOVED it.
But within a day or two of returning from the hospital, Zulu had eaten it....
*siiiiiigh*
So we had to order some from Walmart and have them shipped here
(there were none at this store)
in the meantime we used some that were attached to one of our diaper cakes..
the "normal" kind of pacifiers
Let me tell you....this girl HATED them.
I think it made her MORE angry when you tried to give her one.
We had different length ones and tried them all...the shortest one she would OCCASIONALLY take....and if we turned the other ones upside down she would OCCASIONALLY take those too...
(Zulu slowly destroyed all of the "normal" ones too....we would hide them or make sure they were clipped to something but the MOMENT it was unclipped and unsupervised, she would steal it!)
But really, she would spit them out within a minute or so...
SO...yesterday we finally got the pacifiers and she stinkin LOVES it.
SO DO I!!!
Sometimes it was so hard to know whether or not she was hungry or just wanted to suck on a pacifier.
Now I can actually figure it out a lot easier!
Hurray for soothies!!
*side note*
I always thought those soothie pacifiers were so ugly and uncomfortable looking.
I would think to myself, "why doesn't that parent get her/him one of those normal cute looking ones?"
NOW I KNOW..
Not only does Gianna prefer them but they cause less nipple confusion...
Shame on me for judging before I knew anything :)
No comments:
Post a Comment