Saturday, September 10, 2011

so weird...

It's almost as if I were in a drunken "black out" stage when I was giving birth...
not that I know what that would feel like.... ;)
But really...Things are coming back to me DAYS later...

I totally forgot that the cord was wrapped around Gia's neck when she was born, until today.
How do you forget something like that?
I mean, it wasn't a big deal, the doctor got it off VERY quickly so it really was just an instant...
but I remember I looked down when she came out and the doctor was looking at me as if to make sure I wasn't about to freak out at the cord being around her neck (i wouldn't have even realized probably)
I also remember she wasn't blue, but really "ashen" looking when they gave her to me...
It is the only "test" point she got marked down for.
Such a perfect little babe! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! The same thing has been happening to me. I asked my husband if I even changed into a gown because I couldn't remember...it all happened so fast. Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete