Thursday, September 1, 2011

name confusion

name struggles
aaah...
so annoying

This post is going to be annoying because it is going to be sort of "cryptic" and therefor possibly hard to understand but I just have to blog about it...


John and I had agreed on a first name for our daughter since the get-go. It has been one of those "well, we both love it and so its PROBABLY going to be the name...but we will see" type of things...just in case we change our minds...

But as far as a middle name goes, it has been quite the struggle!
we had a middle name that we both ADORE and we had both agreed on.
That was the name.
But as I thought more about it, i REALLY wanted to use that middle name (we will call it 'middle name A') as a first name for a girl someday, and didnt want to "Waste" it on a middle name.
It's an absolutely GORGEOUS name and everyone who hears it just looooves it...But it just doesnt feel right for THIS baby. So maybe the next girl...

This is where it gets complicated.
So John was annoyed because here I go...changing things up at the last minute (about two months ago...haha) and so we had to re-think the middle name.
We had the hardest time agreeing on ANYTHING but we finally agreed on something that we both thought was "ok". It has a lot of meaning to me and even though it didn't "flow" well, we agreed that it would be the middle name....It was a hyphenated name. The first part being the part with meaning, the second part being just a random name to make the first part sound better (to make john happier....He didnt like the first part by itself)

Cut to today...
I have been thinking about that middle name for WEEEEKS!
I really have grown to hate the second part to it.
It's a cute name, really cute actually...but it just takes away from why I wanted the FIRST part of the middle name in the first place...
So now I am second guessing the hyphenated middle name, which we will call, "middle name B"
I just want to stick with something more simple and "to the point" i guess you could say, rather then the hyphenated part just to make it sound cuter.

Uhg...hopefully John will cave on this one...haha!! Because I feel strongly about this middle name and think about it CONSTANTLY!


Anyways...the poor girl is going to have the WORST initials either way...poor thing. I wont say what they are (i think I have blogged about it in a previous post) but lets just say, they stink! ;)

It's so funny because the names we like for THIS girl all had horrible initials...I mean, they clearly spelled words that are unflattering...
and the name we like for if we have a second girl is even worse!
HAHA....crap.
And we cant switch the names around because it just doesn't work...

our kids are going to have the worst initials but who really cares, right? Someday our girls will get married and hopefully their initials will change! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment