Monday, September 19, 2011

Milestones and mean nurses

Gianna had her 2-week check up today.
It was awful.
she had to get her heel pricked.
They prick it in two spots and then squueze the blood out onto this little piece of paper.
They said Giannas blood clotted fast so they had to keep rubbing on the little prick points to get the blood out.
She was NOOOOOT happy about that.
She was crying so hard at one point and then got silent for a second and then spit her pacifier out...i swear it went like 3 feet into the air....it was comical.

Also...Two nurses came in to do it...and after a minute I realized that one nurse was telling the other nurse step-by-step what to do...the nurse receiving the instructions was SO timid and worried "...is this where i do it?"..."ok do i do it now" ..."omg shes crying!" ...."omg shes kicking!" ..."OMG SHE SPIT OUT HER PACIFIER" .....
uhhh.....
I wanted to say, "keep calm woman!!!! You're freaking me out!"
I was not happy that no one even ASKED if i cared...Not that I would have said yes...because they have to learn..and a little heel prick isnt a big deal but STILL....my mamma bear instinct was a little on-edge :)

Other then that Gia is doing fantastic.

I don't know if i mentioned this before and I am too lazy to go back and look, so if I already have said this, then I am sorry :)
Last time, at Gia's first doctor appointment, I was all excited because it was the first time that someone was going to call Gianna back.
You know, how when you go to the doctor and they walk out and say, "Molly!"...
Well..I was excited to hear Gianna's name for the first time..
but it was RUINED for me! (haha)
The lady said Gee-Anna (like Annna Banana) ....
GEEANNA!? REALLY?!
This time she said it correctly...so I suppose I shall forgive her :)

Oh! two more "milestones" today...

1) Gia's ugly little belly button stump finally fell off....HURRAY!

2) Zulu (we assume...Mrs. Garbage Disposal) ate Gia's only "soothie" pacifier...which were the ONLY ones she liked...so the last week she hasn't had a pacifier.
WONDERFUL.
We got some on a diaper cake..some of the "normal" pacifiers and Gianna would NOT take them...she would gag and cry and spit them out...she hated them.
But today I remembered that my neiece Morgan always liked hers upside down, so i put it in Giannas mouth upside down (she was a little upset before going to the doctor) and she took it! Kept it in her mouth the whooooole time! I couldn't believe it.
The doctor said some babies like them upside down because when they are rightside up they can hit the soft pallet causing them to gag..
AH! So glad I know this now...but still looking forward to getting our soothies (we had to order some) this week. She likes them better and they cause less nipple confussion...
Also, they have that little hole in them and Gia sticks her fingers in there while she sucks on it and its just too cute...ahah!


Last night was the worst night we have had so-far with Gia.
She was having some puke-issues and would eat and puke it all up and then be hungry again.
Doctor said it is normal during growth spurts because thier metabolism wants more then their stomach can handle so they beg to feed but then eat too much and throw it all up, and then their metabolism tells them to beg again!
A viscous cycle
Poor John had to work today too!
He is so awesome though.
Still insisted on helping me out all night.
He is just the best.


Anyways...that's all for now. Hope everyone's week is going wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment