Friday, September 2, 2011

Oh what a day.....

Well, today didn't go quite according to plan....
I had my 40 week check up today and my blood pressure was high....LOVELY.
So the doctor sent me to the hospital, but not before he freaked me out by telling me if things don't go well, we might have to induce today..
I actually cried in the doctors office and told him I reallllly didn't want to be induced.
I love my doctor, he is great....he just sort of laughed at me and told me that NOT crying would be beneficial during a non-stress test.....it made me giggle...

So I called John, and him being the awesome man that he is, decided to leave work to come be with me (unfortunately, by the time he got to the hospital I was basically done....haha, bugger)

Anyways...
What they do is hook you up to a couple monitors...
one for your babies heart beat...
one to see if you have any contractions....
then they hook you up to a blood pressure machine that takes your BP every 10 minutes
and thennnn they give you this little button to push when you feel the baby move, that way they can see what the babies heart is doing while its moving...

Anywho....here is me and my stretch marks in all their glory (I told john...."try not to get my stretch marks" but he just rolled his eyes.....meany)
I was sad that I might have to be induced to I was making a sad face...
I think he took the picture at a weird time...so I look even weirder then I intended...haha!
here I am with my "price is right" button. HAHA!
That is the button I was supposed to push when the baby moved...It made me feel like I was on the price is right!
(oh, and just for the record, I did wash that shirt last night after I mowed the lawn....no worries :))

It was funny because, there are like 40 girls in my ward all due at the same time I am, and I saw two of their husbands while I was there.
After my test was over, John and I went and visited with one of the girls and thier new baby.
He was sooooo cute, and soooo tiny.
6 lbs...
I can only HOPE our baby is 6 lbs...
I was 8.8 and John was 9.8 ...so here's to hoping!

I am not dilated or effaced anymore then I was the last two times I went in....
Bummer...

Pray that I have the baby this week....I am really hoping not to get induced!

No comments:

Post a Comment