The last few days have been really rough.
I am constantly ON FIRE...
I feel like my blood is going to start boiling.
The worst part is, anytime I feel hot, I also feel flu-ish...
So I usually spend most my days in my underwear sitting next to our air conditioner
(haha...TMI?! yes, sorry)
Today was no exception.
We woke up to get ready for church and I firmly declared that there was NO way I could go....
But after my husband gave me those dang puppy dog eyes, I decided to at least try and to go sacrament.
We made it (little bit late....as always)
but holy cow....
I could have sworn it was 500 degrees in the chapel.
I had ice water with me, so I just sucked down a bunch of ice water and fanned myself (John also fanned me...hes so sweet)
But I started to get EXTREMELY dizzy and was seeing spots, so after sacrament we decided to come home.
I layed down for a bit, layed by the fan and started to feel MUCH better, thankfully!!
John decided today was the day that I should make him Kitcha.
It is an Eritran "snack" I guess you could say.
John's family is OBSESSED with it...
It's sort of like the "clam dip" of his family
(You will only understand that part, if you are a part of my family...hehe)
Anyways, it is the easiest thing in the world to make, and I have been meaning to make it for him for almost two years now, but never have!
I am a horrible wife! haha
Today was the day though....I made it! :)
John wanted to document this moment, but I was just in my underwear...
(I TOLD YOU....i am seriously never dressed...its just TOO hot! Sorry for the imagery! And if you ever want to surprise me and come knock on my door, you might need to wait a while so i can get dressed before i answer the door! haha!)
Anyways, I threw on my thousand degree robe (That makes me look like im 500 lbs even when im NOT pregnant) and he snapped a picture
The results!
Its basically just a mixture of flour and water, heated up in a pan and then ripped apart with a coating of this suuuuuuuper spicy (incredibly spicy) seasoning that is in basically EVERY Eritrean dish...called berbere....then hot oil poured over it.
Easy peasy, right? It was.
This next picture is for my mom (and melissa (my sister) too, she will appreciate this)
On the way to church I really wanted the windows down but all my bobby pins that I usually keep in the car, for moments like this, were gone!
But guess what I found!
A PAPER CLIP!
Next thing ya know, ill be picking my teeth with a piece of folded up paper
(oh who am I kidding, I have totally done that before!)
(funny side note: as I was taking this picture, some girl from John's work was walking by...I didn't know who she was but she was looking at me like I was an idiot because I was taking a picture of myself....and then John says "hey, i know her!" and they said hi to eachother...she had a smirk on her face like ...."your wife is a nerd".....(we were stopped at a light) ....ahha! how embarrassing....Love those kind of moments...haha)
Anyways, that's all for now, folks.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment