Sunday, August 7, 2011

4 toed

I could hardly wait to blog today...


That ^ is actually how I had originally started this blog...
I had some neat experiences happen to me today, and when I got home from church I couldn't wait to write them all down while all my feelings were still fresh.

I actually already have the blog all typed out, but I was going to go back and re-read it before i posted it.
It's VERY "rambly" and I thought maybe I would shorten it up.
I dont normally like to shorten up my blogs (clearly) becuase I like to write as if I am hand-writing in a journal...once you write something, its there....unless you scribble it all out..

anyways....after I had written out my original blog for the day, something else happened that was much more blog-worthy....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

God's miricles?!
PSH!
Try having a ring cutting off the circulation of your TOE!!!
Now THAT is blog-worthy!

So here is where this story begins...

At church today, I started to notice that one of my toes was itching really bad.
I thought it was weird and just figured that i had a bug bite or something...so i mostly ignored it.
When I got home and took my shoes off i noticed that my toe was pretty red, and still a bit itchy but again, just figured it was a bug bite and tried to ignore it (if you scratch them, they just get worse. Isn't that the theory?)

So John and I had just sat down to watch a church movie and about 5 minutes into it, I start to freak out!
I realize that my feet were swollen and that my ring was actually cutting off the circulation of my toe.
My toe started to feel tingly and it really started to hurt!
It felt like it was hot and on fire!
I, as much as I hate to admit it, REALLY started to panic!

Here is where the story gets funny...
I have worn this toe ring since I was in 7th grade.
It had never come off...
why, you might ask?
Well, I have (as john likes to call them) E.T. toes...
They are very bublus at the top...and I have never been able to get the ring off without GREAT force.
(even still, I think it has only come off ONCE and that was probably my freshman year of highschool)
It never seemed like a big deal to me because I just figured I would just keep it on!
No biggy...

Well...i dont know why it didn't occured to me sooner that I should probably try and get this ring off my toe BEFORE my toe swells up like a hot dog, but it didnt!
So here John and I are...my foot elevated, him with some dish soap...trying to get the ring off...
a bowl of ice water to shrink my toe..
holding ice directly on the toe..
and several other methods...


(Clearly it was NOT going to budge)



nothing worked....

So we had to resort to calling some people in the ward to see if they had a specific kind of tool that would easily cut the ring off.
I WAS SO EMBARASSED!
Finally we got ahold of someone.
We drove to their house and we cut the ring off...
but not before they asked if they could film this moment!
HAHAHAHHAHA
Not that I cared, I am actually glad there is video of this hilarious moment out there somewhere, it cracks me up.
(I will link you if/when she puts it on her blog)

Anyways...we got the ring off...
HALLELUJAH!
I was so worried that we were going to have to go to the hospital or that i would loose my toe...
John couldn't stop laughing and making fun of me the whole time.
haha

He said he that this experience REALLY makes him worry about me going into labor now.

I told him that child birth is a natural thing...
having a ring cutting off the cirulation of your toe is not!

He didn't agree.

I guess we will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment