Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two weeks without an OVEN!?!

Who knows what this guys name is?!
So today I was unpacking some kitchen stuff when I walked the whole two steps over to the stove and realized I smelt gas! I had been in the kitchen and around the stove plenty to have not noticed it before, so it must have been fairly new.

FREAKED ME OUT!

1) I am pregnant and that just CAN'T be good for the baby.
2) IT'S FREAKING GAS AND WE LIVE IN A TRAILER!!!!!!

So I went and sat outside to get some fresh air and John called Avista. I was happily surprised how fast they showed up!

Apparently there was something wrong with our broiler on our oven and even though it was off, there was still gas coming through. So the Avista guy "turned off" the gas to our oven. Luckily we can still use the stove...but cooking should be interested for the next couple weeks.

Our landlords are on vacation for another week and a half or so, so we have to wait it out till they get back. But hopefully they will just buy a new oven! Then we can finally clean underneath this one! While we were cleaning the house it was probably the dirtiest place, but we couldn't get underneath the whole thing, and it was connected to a gas line so we couldn't pull it out all the way. So maybe we will get a clean kitchen floor AND a new stove! woohoo!

Luckily the leak is fixed and I don't have to worry about being blown up, or hurting the baby :)

1 comment:

  1. His name is Mr. Yuck!! :) We had tons of those stickers growing up...

    ReplyDelete