Friday, May 13, 2011

Buying things with cash

I hope this blog doesn't offend anyone...It certainly might, although that is far from my intention.



We have been following the Dave Ramsey financial peace program since we have been married. While we were dating, it was probably my ONLY worry about marrying John. The world trains us to believe we NEED to have credit...little do they know (or did I)!

Our life is SO much more peaceful and I feel SO much safer withOUT credit! No loans, no credit cards...pay cash for everything. If you don't have the money, you dont buy it!

I am SO proud of the way we financially live our lives. "We" (John) works really hard to make enough money for us to live. We dont take hand outs and we dont live off the government in any way. Not that I have a problem with people being on welfare or any other government program, but I think a lot of people take advantage of those programs.

I know people who get special funding for their house, food stamps etc....yet they have loans for BRAND NEW CARS they spend money on tattoo after tattoo (very spendy "hobby"), they constantly shop for clothes and they go on fun vacations. To each their own. But for me, I am proud that we are living the way we are. We are making a lot of sacrifices so that in 10 years we can do all and have all of those things that we wish we could have now without living off of anyone else and without incurring any debt. I have learned to live quite minimally and although sometimes it is SO difficult, and although sometimes I could REALLY use some retail therapy, I know that in the end we will be better off and able to live like not a lot of people do. Financially peaceful!

I know a couple who lives the Dave Ramsey lifestyle and they just bought a very nice new 4 bedroom house with CASH. They bought a brand new truck with CASH and they go on all sorts of fun vacations. They are 100% DEBT FREE. Can you imagine?! They are definitily making more money then we are at the moment, but they talk about how they used to live paycheck to paycheck, and that sometimes they had no money for groceries, and 4 mouths to feed! (now they have 6!). They struggled, and he (the husband) worked several jobs to make it. He fell into an AWESOME job where he makes great money, and so they paid of debt and began to "climb the ladder of luxery" very quickly (lucky ducks).

It's SO wonderful to know, that after all of the times I WISH I could by myself some cute clothes - but choose not to, the not-so-cool mini vans, and not having the funds to be able to decorate the way I wish I could....that someday we will be financially capable to do whatever we want, without help, without debt and to be able to have the peace of mind that we did it ALL on our own!

I am so thankful to have such a financially smart husband. Without him I would be in lots (more) of debt! I am so thankful that I was able to muster up the courage to trust him and to live a not so glamorous lifestyle. It has changed me for the better and I am thankful to know that my children will never have to worry about OUR financial problems! Hopefully they can learn from us, and we can teach them to live the same way we are because I have lived the other way, and it is NOT fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment