Wednesday, May 18, 2011

9 lives

I know that I have become quite the constant blogger, but I couldn’t resist but to blog about this!

So earlier today I blogged about how hectic and crazy my morning was. What I didn’t include was that at about 8:00am my mom had texted me to tell me that our family cat, Skeeter, (who is an indoor/outdoor cat) had gotten eaten by something last night and was dead. SAD! I am usually really weird with death, animals OR people, I don’t tend to cry much because for whatever reason, it NEVER sinks in. It always feels like the person just went on a long vacation and hasn’t come back, or that the animal is just missing. A missing animal is common among my family. We had a dog growing up, but since then we have only had cats (except for a recent addition of a dog). They have always been indoor/outdoor cats, spending most of their days outside, and then coming in late at night to sleep. Occasionally they stay out for a few days and go MIA but they always eventually come back. Skeeter, on the other hand, has always been one tough kitty! He is big…a maine coon….and he seems to rule every neighborhood we have moved to (which has been MANY, over the years) he walks around like he owns the place, and we would hear cat fights all the time…to which he sometimes was injured but ALWAYS won! So needless to say, I was surprised to get the text from my mom today saying that tough little Skeeter had lost a battle with some sort of animal last night! Apparently my step dad had heard it all happening (how awful!) My step dad has always been the keeper of the cats, and I think they mean more to him then our family dog, Sadie, but either way…so awful for him to hear all of that!

Well, when I got the text I couldn’t believe it but I CRIED! And HARD! I couldn’t keep myself from crying and I was sick to my stomach. Sick that my step dad had heard everything. Sick that they would be telling my little sister in a few days (that’s why I didn’t post about it earlier) and sick for my mom who loves animals as much as I do. All day I have been walking around kind of depressed and sick to my stomach about the situation. But just a few minutes ago I got a call from my mom who tells me that Skeeter has been found! AND IS JUST FINE! Here is the best part….My mom has recently moved a few miles from her old house. Today she got a text from her OLD neighbor asking her if they are missing their cat, because it is sitting in their old driveway!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!! If you know Issaquah, you know this cat had to basically climb a mountain to get to my moms old house, I CANT BELIEVE IT! Hurray for our tough littl Skeeter!!!!!

Love you skeet-skeet!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment