So tonight, before I left for my RS Activities Committee meeting...
I talked to John about how I always feel like I need to be teaching Gianna something constantly...
whether I am singing to her...
helping her develope a new skill
or just reading to her or something...
I was telling him that I dont think its fair because everytime he gets home, she is in her mellow mood and he just gets her to sleep, or she just "chills" with him while he watches TV or something...That he gets all the mellow time.
I also told him that he should try and do more "activities" with her so that they can bond...
Then I come home from my meeting to THIS!
First let me say that John and I BOTH talked about how "we will never set our kids in front of the TV to keep them entertained" before we had kids.
So when I walked in...I just about died laughing.
He was caught!!!!
Poor girly was in her swing (which I think was on the highest setting....she was REALLY swinging away! ha)
Here are a few of the excuses he used for having her swinging right in front of the TV while he layed on the couch....
"I just wnated to see if she liked her swing"
"I couldn't get her to fall asleep!" (this one especially cracked me up)
"I wanted to teach her how to multi task" (swinging and watching tv!? lol)
When I asked him "I thought you were going to help her LEARN something while I was gone"
....his reply was....
"we DID learn...we learned a lot about astro-physics" ( they watched a TV show about how the universe works)
Then he said....
"See....look. GiGi, can you say quasar? universal filaments? darrrrk enerrgyyyy?"
and his last excuse....
"we were just having bonding time. thats why she likes me so much"
*siiiigh*
anyways....it was hilarious
He obviously felt bad because he pretty quickly ran and got his Chinese book and started to teach her Chinese :) ha!
He later said....
"It WAS a lot more fun, laying with her on the ground"
he's such a good daddy....even if he sits her in front of the TV from time-to-time! :)
Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny!
ReplyDelete