OH
MY
GOODNESS
So today, Gianna got her 2-month booster shots.
It was so awful.
I guess I should first start off by saying that the doctor was in AWE of how strong Gianna is.
He said, "she is basically a 4 month old in a two month old body"
He said that because she is just REALLY strong.
She can hold her head up just fine..
She can bare all her weight on her legs just fine...blah blah
then he put her on her tummy and said,
"once you get to about 4 months old she should be able to get her head to a 45 degree angle from the ground.....oh, well...look at her! I guess you have already gotten to that point!"
Her head was way more then 45 degrees
haha
My strong little girly
Anyways...
Next came the SHOTS!
oh my gosh.
I knew it wouldn't be a fun experience for any of us but it was really bad.
Poor Gianna just hated it and was obviously screaming and crying and holding her breath
The nurses even got a little freaked at one point and said, "Breath Gianna, breath!"
At one point, one of the nurses who was holding her hands let go, and that sent Gianna over the edge...it was like, "NOOO!!! DONT LEAVE ME!!!"
she actually did the little scared baby movement where thier arms and legs flail out
So i stepped in and held her hands and it calmed her a bit....until the NEXT shot!
She had to get 3 shots and drink some nasty stuff.
I looked over at John during the process of her getting these shots and he looked SO upset...
I'm talking....verge of tears upset....wanted to kill the nurse upset...
I tried smiling at him as if to say, "she will be fine, babe"
but he still just had this awful look on his face.
poor daddy
After we left the doctors office John just seemed, different....
I asked him if he was ok and he said he was feeling a bit emotional about the shots
He is convinced that the nurse poked the needle WAY too deep (basically the ENTIRE needle length went into her leg)
he said he might call the doctor later to talk about it.
I didn't see that, but it wouldn't surprise me
We got the same nurse who had problems the LAST time we were there
She seemed to be getting "trained" and had NOOO clue how to prick a foot...
I think that he was just overly paranoid because he is such a good daddy, but we will see.
I planned on getting a picture of her crying (am I a TERRIBLE mom or what?! ha!)
but I felt too guilty to take a picture of her while she was crying, and didnt even think about it because I was trying to comfort her
Best feeling in the world though...
After all of that, and her screaming bloody murder, I picked her up and she calmed down....
then passed her to daddy and she calmed down even more
aah....i love this little girl so much!
Oh dear, poor girl. Hopefully, she feels better soon! Where do you take her? I don't want to get that nurse ;)
ReplyDelete