Friday, November 18, 2011

Dessert Lasagna amazement!

By far my FAVORITE dessert!
And that is saying A LOT because I am not a dessert person...
John on the other-hand is a dessert connoisseur...
He loves it too! :)


Ok so all you need to buy is one box of graham crackers (just the plain honey ones) and one small box of instant vanilla pudding. Make sure its instant. one little tub (i think its like, 8oz or something) of cool whip. and either chocolate frosting...whatever kind is your fav OR stuff to make your own frosting (i have done it both ways, I like the taste of betty crocker frosting better, but i like making my own frosting because it makes it SO much easier to spread! I just dont like the taste as much)
In a casserole pan, put down a layer of graham crackers (it should take almost one package to layer the bottom of the pan). I end up breaking off pieces to fit in all the little small cracks that the graham crackers dont fit into. Make the instant pudding and let it set a bit, then mix the entire tub of cool whip into the pudding. Layer HALF of that pudding mixture onto that first layer of graham crackers. Then do another layer of crackers...and another layer of the pudding. Then one more layer of graham crackers. THEEEEN. On the top of the last layer of graham crackers....add the frosting! Put it in the fridge overnight (this part is important!!! Dont eat it right away...wait AT LEAST 8 hours...John and I both like it better the second and third day..hehe)

Frosting Recipe (I should find a new one, not a huge fan of this one)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

melt the butter with the cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a light simmer over medium-low heat and let it bubble for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook for 3 more minutes, letting the mixture bubble up around the edges. Remove from the heat and beat in the confectioners’ sugar with a whisk or hand beater. When the mixture is smooth, beat in the vanilla. While the frosting is still quite hot and liquid, pour it over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth with a hot knife or spatula dipped in hot water.


and wa-la!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good. I pinned it so I would remember to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete