Thursday, December 29, 2011

My topiary and bathroom


I hate just about everything in our home.
haha.
is that awful?
It sounds worse than it is. 
Everything is a hand-me-down that I don't love...
or something I got off craigslist for free that I dont love.
So I have decided I want to start re-decorating our home.
Slowly but surely I would like to buy some nice things here-and-there so that someday we will have lots of nice things

It's funny though because, it's hard to look at something fancy and then think, "oo, this will look great in our trailer"
HAH!
someday our nice things will look nice. 
Right now they just look out of place...


anyways...I decided to start with the bathroom since it is the cheapest to "re-do"
I bought a few things at ross and got it started

I also decided to make a little topiary to put on the back of the toilet 
I think it looks better in person than in a picture but here it is


I plan on getting one of those shelf things that goes behind a toilet and put some hooks on the side for towels...and take down that stupid towel rack above the toilet (and shelf)
It will look SOOO much better

I got a cute little "cup" thingy to hold our q-tips and a soap dispenser that are pretty.
I also spray-painted the frame around our mirror with some silver spray-paint that I used for the topiary 
It looks bad in the picture but it is SOOO much better then the ugly brown and poop-green color that the frame was before!

I really want to take the mirror and little cupboard thing off and put in a full mirror and frame it off but, that's too much money for a rental.

I will probably spray-paint the light fixtures too, eventually.
It's just a rental, otherwise I would paint the walls and everything else! 

We are lucky though, our landlords let us do what we want. 
They said they might re-imburse us for some things but so-far everything has been pretty cheap. 
It drives me nuts to see this place look the way it does. 
Even though it's a trailer, I could make this place look SO good!

We really want to re-carpet our living room...so we are hoping they will do that for us. 
ANYWAYS...if only I had the money to do what I wanted, we would live in a beauuuutiful trailer :)


Oh well....
someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment