Sunday, October 9, 2011

Surprising the Surpriser!

My mom and little sister who live in the Seattle area decided to surprise my Grandpa for his 80th birthday. He was having a dinner with a bunch of family in Spokane but didn't think my mom could make it. 

Since my mom was going to be so close, she begged me to come see her (i think mostly because she wanted to see Gia...who could blame her!?) 

Anyways, I have been pretty sick and didn't love the idea of driving to Spokane so I said no.

Yesterday morning, however, I was VERY bored and wanted to get out of the house...John was going to work on a school paper (which he didn't...that bugger...no worries, it's only been a YEAR since it was due!) which meant I was going to be stuck in the house all day with no TV or Internet and I wasn't thrilled about that, so i decided to go to spokane and surprise my mom! 


I started by texting my little sister and scheming with her how to make this work. 
I decided to show up at their hotel. 
My plan was to knock on the door and say "housekeeping" and have my mom answer it, but when I got there, she was in the shower! (EVEN BETTER!) 
So my sister let me in and I set Gia outside of the bathroom door, so that when my mom came out, she would see Gianna.
I set Gianna down and went to grab my camera, and all of a sudden I hear the door open and I hear my mom start SCREAMING! Then crying, of course. It was fun to surprise her and I was really glad that I got to be there :)

Anyways, here are some pictures of my Saturday

(Gia outside the bathroom door, waiting to surprise Grandma!)



(HA! Sorry Alli - Had to!)
We were trying to get my camera to work so i kept taking pictures of her...this is the one that eventually worked! haha!

My mom surprising her dad...Never will forget this moment

Uncle Andy was obsessed with Gia...who would have thought!?

Me and the girlie....and my ginormous sicky-out ear! grrr 
*Note - If you ever take a picture of me, please warn me if my ear is sticking out!*

Gia was staring at Grumpa!

Allison and Noah (cousin)






Next up...pictures of my mom with her brothers...
HILARIOUS...
I think they might of had too much beer...
well, i dont think...i KNOW...
so funny though..
they wouldnt be serious
Andy - Here, take a picture of this! (proceeds to stick out his belly as far as possible from under his shirt...bwahaha!)



Then Grumpa....wouldn't take a normal picture for the life of him!
80 years old and still a 12 year old at heart! 
Love that man.

Poor grams just wanted a decent picture with her kids..
they weren't having it!

I think this one was the best they got



4 GENERATIONS!
I got the picture! :)
Too bad Gia looks dead

Us girls and my grumpa!




I looked over (while eating my dinner) and saw this..
HOW. STINKIN'. CUTE.

My mom wanted me to crop it so that it was JUST Gianna...
Here ya go mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment