Monday, October 24, 2011

The great couch fiasco!

Who remembers the great couch Fiasco of '11!!

Uhg, I do!
(John never lets me live it down!)

Long story short...
we had these UGLY "frat boy" couches that looked like we had gone dumpster diving outside of a fraternity (sorry John, it's true and you KNOW it!)
Anyways...they were probably some of the most comfortable couches on the planet, but i DESPISED them!
(this is the best picture I have, just of the chair, but as you can see they were gross. No better picture because they werent worth taking a picture of! ha!)
I had been asking for slip covers for them since we had been married and never got them
so when my mom happened to be GIVING AWAY her couches, I thought, AH! This was meant to be!
John absolutely did NOT want to get rid of the couches but it was a MUST for me, so he obliged:)

So...I went to Seattle, rented a U-Haul and trucked them back over here to Pullman
which ended up costing like 400-500 bucks! UHG...

Anyways...
turns out that they are the worlds most UNCOMFORTABLE couches ever!
We hate sitting on them unless we take the back pillows off,
but if you take the back pillows off it exposes the springs,
so you have to bring a pillow from our bedroom to get cozy...
even then, the couch cushions get squished down into the couch,
and the whole thing becomes a sink hole and is nearly impossible to get out of
(cut to an image of me 9months PREGNANT trying to get out of the sink-hole couch....AHHAHAHAHAHHA)
anyways...
these are them.


Today I found a furniture place in Spokane that is selling a brand new set. (Couch + loveseat) for 550!
I bet I could sell these couches for 550 on craigslist!
So everyone keep your fingers crossed that I can sell them fast!!!!
I neeeeeed new couches! ...again...

No comments:

Post a Comment