So we have been using newborn diapers on Gianna since she was....well, BORN! DUH!
They say to use them up to 10 lbs, but I think I have been in denial or something because I kept looking at the size 1 diapers we have and thinking,
"There is NO WAY she will fit into those!"
Well, last night when we ran out of Diapers our home-teacher brought us some size 1's
We thought, "well, hope they work!"
**funny side note, Gianna ended up sleeping 8 HOURS last night and so we didnt need any of their diapers...ahha! (And yes, when we woke up we were both a little worried and checked to make sure she was alive, then I woke her up and fed her...hehe)**
Speaking of waking her up to feed her...I would love advice
My doctor says she should eat every six hours and that we should wake her up and feed her if she doenst wake up on her own (she always wakes up within a 6 hour period, so last night was a fluke! haha)
But my mommy instincts, and other doctors and friends...say that as long as they are making enough dirty and wet diapers throughout the day, that there is no need to wake them...
what do you think?
ok anyways, back to my original story
So we had some of our own size 1 diapers and I ended up trying one on her this morning and it TOTALLY fit....noooo!!!!
My little girly is growing up! hehe
She has had a few "explosions" lately and now i realize that it was probably because her diaper was too small...
Hey! I am learning here! Give me a break! hehe
I suppose I should listen to the diaper box.
It is apparently smarter then I am!
Also....
random story
John and I got a "sample" of honey nut cherrios (one of my favs) a while ago
It came in this decent size box (for a sample)
and then I opened it up today to eat some...and this is what I see....
(The little box came INSIDE the other box)
WHHYYY?!
Why would they waste a box, just to put a tiny box inside of it?
Why not just send the tiny box!
It IS, after all, a FREE SAMPLE and no one would mind getting a tiny box!?
Why would they waste their money on all of this packaging just to give it away for FREE
So confused....
I would say unless they are worried about her weight gain or eating enough. Then I wouldn't wake her, enjoy your sleep! I'm not sure why they would still tell you to wake her up, usually that is only for the first few weeks?
ReplyDeleteI don't think you have anything to worry about with Gianna. She is very obviously gaining weight, she's happy, and yes, if you're changing around 10 diapers a day then she's getting what she needs. My lactation consultant told me that as long as she's doing that, if she sleeps a little more then she'll make up for it during the day. Most babies will not let themselves starve to death. Let YOURSELF get more sleep!! Don't worry about it, let her make her own schedule and you will learn to just go with it. :)
ReplyDelete