Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekly Update!!! 32 weeks!

John and I had our first childbirth preparation class yesterday.

It's nice to hear all the information (even though I already know most of it at this point) but it's VERY nice for JOHN to hear it!
He learned quite a bit.
Probably more then he wanted to.
haha!

We had to do this relaxation excersize where John would put a bag of ice on me somewhere (my neck, my chest, my arm...etc) and then the instructor would act as though it was a contraction and we had to get in different positions and John had to help me breath.
It was hilarious. We were both giggling and goofing off the whole time.
Everyone else in the class was so serious!
We were dying!

John is going to have to work on not making "jokes" (I put them in quotes because they usually just make me want to punch him in the face!) while I am "having a contraction" (ice hurts after it sits on your skin for a while! that is why they use the ice....smart).
Apparently his dad told a lot of jokes during his birth, and even the nurses and doctors were like "Whoa, you better be quiet!"
And knowing John, it's a very likely possibility.
But I am glad I married someone who likes to make me laugh :)


Today I am 32 weeks along. I feel like I am 87 weeks along, but alas, I am only 32.
(I have to do it.....)
Ok so...we took this picture like a hundred and forty eight times.
First I wasn't angled right, then my hair was weird, then my eyes shut...etc...
And the hallway that we are taking these pictures in, does NOT get any air in it, so it is HOOOOOT in this hallway! REALLY hot! Not to mention that I could be living inside of a freezer and still feel like it is a ba-gillion degrees.
So needless to say, my face got a little red and sweaty....and I had been laying on the couch for a good 2 hours before taking this picture soooo....its not the best....
ok...moving on....

Time is still FLYING by! I keep waiting for it to slow down, like everyone tells me it will, but as of right now it's still FLYING, and I am glad!

I really don't sleep well at all.
I am just about CONSTANTLY uncomfortable.
It's no fun...but I suppose it's all worth it, and all that junk ;)

I usually have a couple small bursts of energy throughout the day and I try to get as much as possible done during those bursts, but once it ends, it's time for a nap!

I have been lucky up to this point, to only have one teeny tiny little stretch mark where my belly button ring used to be, other then that, nothing.
My sister-in-law asked me, last weekend, if I had any yet, and I told her no besides that one....

....the next morning I woke up with a stretch mark!
DARN YOU, BRITNEY!!!!!

I have been smothering on the lotion and vaseline (vaseline works WONDERS) so hopefully I wont get more, or at least not many! EEK!

John and I have reconsidered our name choice, and now we have NOTHING!
I have a bit of anxiety about that, I don't want to have to worry about figuring out a dang name while we are in the hospital, but it looks like that might be just what we will be doing.

Other then that not much else is going on. John has his 10 year high school reunion in two weeks. That should be....interesting. HAHA!
When did we become so old?





1 comment:

  1. Interesting is a good word to use for the upcoming reunion...I feel the same way.
    I can't believe that you are 32 weeks already, and taking birthing classes, I always thought those were a joke lol. Dont worry about not having a name for her yet, it will come and it will be perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete