Friday, July 29, 2011

Q's and A's

I used to do these things occasionally back when MySpace was cool and I had no life…but now blogging is cool and I still have no life….soooo, I thought it might be fun to do one on my blog, since I plan to make my blog into a physical journal one day for my kids.
Thought this would be a fun blog for them to read about their mamma!

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Funny story…
First off I have always been a really picky eater, but calling me “picky” as a child, was quite the understatement!
My parents claim that I used to STARVE myself for days until I could finally talk my mom into going and getting me a McDonalds cheeseburger. I also loved scrambled eggs and strawberries. But cheeseburgers were always my #1, and sadly, they still are!
2. the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I am not cool enough to have an iPod anymore. And I currently don’t have a favorite song….but there is a song by the zac brown brand that I can’t help but dance to. “Knee deep in the water somewhere, got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair”
I like that song a lot right now :)
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I was about a week away from getting this tattooed onto my ribcage before I started going to church again….PHEW!!!
“I have to keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise, and who knows what the tide may bring.”
Tom Hanks says that in “Cast Away” and the first time I saw that movie it really just stuck with me. I love it.
4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Laundry! I basically wont do it until we have NOTHING left to cover our bodies with.
I also have recently found that I hate doing dishes! (We just moved into a place with no dishwasher….uhg....never again)
5. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Exercise? What is exercise? No seriously I really need to start exercising a lot more. I LOVE biking, but I don’t own a bike anymore….Anyone else see that as a problem?
6. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Time of day would be whenever John is home, and not doing anything but paying attention to me...hehe :)
Day of the week would be Saturday. I can be with John ALLLL day as long as he doesn’t have any other plans. Haha
Month of the year? Uhh….November because that is the month my husband married me!
Whoa…can someone say “needy” …haha! I love him, ok! What’s so wrong with wanting to spend every second of every day with him!? HEHE…..poor guy...
7. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
I would assume boat. I love speed boats, and I LOVE being on the water, but ferries make me SUPER sick. Sooo, yes, boat.
8. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I blog, (surprise surprise) or email my mom. Wow…I am incredibly exciting!
9. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
(My mom will really like this one….)
I would call it, “In my room”
I have always been a bit of a hermit, and the song “In my room” by The Beach Boys makes my mom think of me….HAHAHA….wonderful
10. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Well I suppose I would have to include “In my room”, now wouldn’t I?!
“Perfect” by Pink…Mostly because it talks about making wrong turns “once or twice” ….which I have made my fair share of...
And MOST DEFINTILY “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds. Because I totally am the luckiest person to have the man that I do and to have all of the many blessings in my life that God has blessed me with.
11. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
Yes. I would prefer not to go into detail, but the whole reason I ended up coming back and joining the church is because several bad things happened to me. They ended up bringing me back to the church, where I found God again, and met my amazing husband! God is tricky, but he knows what he is doing!

12. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
Book – My Sisters Keeper. Just finished it two nights ago. WOW….tear jerker (it is MUCH different from the movie..just fyi)
Movie – Hachi. Seriously, I really think this is the hardest I have cried in my ENTIRE life..about ANYTHING. It was HILARIOUS how hard I was crying. John was actually WORRIED for me.
Marly and me made me cry pretty hard too, but Hachi…omg…Don’t ever watch it if you have the choice…great movie but it will kill ya!
Well, Maybe only me, because I have a sick love for animals.
Quick story....when the movie “Twister” first came out, I cried during one scene as these people were running away from a huge tornado…not because I was scared for the people, but there were horses in the background running and I just felt SO bad for them that they were scared!
Also, another funny story…I once got sent home from school (second grade...Ms. Sabatini) because I cried SO hard at the movie “the ugly duckling” ….yea, seriously. I remember I just couldn’t stop crying and so the principle finally let me call my mom to come get me. I told her I didn’t want to talk about it, so she was cool and let it go. But later that night when I was in bed, my mom asked me about it and I just totally broke down and talked about how I felt so bad for the ugly duckling because everyone was so mean to him! I remember my mom trying to comfort me, but also trying hard not to laugh. haha...
So yea…any movie about animals being hurt or scared or getting their feelings hurt (haha), that’ll get me!
13. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Join the church again. It sounds silly, but I gave up an entire life to do so. Friends, hobbies, a job, I even moved across the state and away from my little sister who is my WORLD! It was harder then I thought it would be, but once I did it, I IMMEDIATELY was blessed…over and over and over! :) It was the best thing I ever did for myself.
14. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
I once gave my little sister her own scarf for Christmas. HAHA! I had stolen it the year before, and so the next Christmas I wrapped it up and gave it back to her!
My mom once bought me Spaghetti O’s for my birthday (Yes, For real…sort of an inside joke…but she really thought I would like them…and I did!) and I wont mention the neon green, and neon pink t-shirts with the little baby pockets on them that she got me from Walgreens....(same birthday as the Spaghetti O's) ....ahahhhahahha
15. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss having all my brothers and sisters in one house! Or at LEAST close by!
16. What story does your family always tell about you?
My family doesn’t have the most flattering stories. HAHA.
They either talk about how picky of an eater I was when I was little.
How I changed my clothes like 27 times a day..
Or how I was a total hypochondriac! … those meanies!
17. At what age did you become an adult?
Still working on that…
18. Favorite color?
Depends. I love black and white together. Is that weird? That’s Johns favorite “Color” too. We were totally meant for each other!
19. Favorite flower?
Used to be a Calla Lilly but now I LOVE dalias
20. Favorite physical feature on yourself?
The freckles on my face
21. Your favorite pizza toppings?
Pepperoni and Pineapple (sometimes I like to throw olives and/or sausage on there too!)
22. Favorite Ice cream flavor?
Fresh Banana (Not the artificial crap)
23. Favorite candy?
Tropical Skittles (the blue bag) or Red Vines…yummy
24. Favorite breakfast cereal?
Frosted Mini Wheats or Honey Nut Cherrios!
25. Favorite fast food restaurant?
HANDS DOWN Taco Time. But ONLY the ones in the Seattle area (they are COMPLETELY different then anywhere else). ….omg someone get me a plane ticket, I need Taco Time ASAP!
26. What is your favorite part of your life right now?
Having a loving husband by my side every night. I love him so much. I am so blessed.
27. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla
28. List your top fears:
a. Moths (Yes, the freaky butterfly looking things. Ask John, I would rather have a scorpion crawling up my body then have a moth fly anywhere near me)
b. Being in a really severe car crash....I am quite the paranoid passenger.
c. The ocean! Too many things that could kill/hurt me without me even seeing them coming! Not ok with that at all!
29. What bill do you hate paying the most?
GARBAGE! It’s the cheapest bill we have, I think, but seriously…the things you don’t realize when you’re young!
30. A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing?
My husband is a really great kisser!!! HAHA! He will kill me for posting that but it is the first thing that came to my mind!
(haha, my kids will LOVE to read that someday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment