Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 10 peeves!

I was thinking today about some of the weird pet peeves I have and since I have nothing else to blog about...I will blog about my weird pet peeves....
Dont you guys love me?

Ok...

Peeve #1
I hate when people say "shhhhhhh" to quiet someone down.
OOOOH MY GOSH it makes my skin crawl.
I dont mind short little "sh sh sh sh" but an elongated "shhhhh" really makes me want to scream...which defeats the purpose of the "shhh" in the first place.


Peeve #2
I hate when people say "I SEEN you at the store" instead of "I SAW you at the store" ....
COME ON PEOPLE! I can not spell very well and my vocabulary is HORRIBLE. I also love to make up my own fun/cute words....but SEEN instead of SAW....thats just wrong.

Peeve #3
Fingernails on cloth.
For some unknown reason, it makes my TEETH hurt. Sort of how people hate the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard....I hate fingernails on cloth.
Sometimes at church the person in front of me will be scratching her husbands back or something and it makes me want to blow my brains out!
There are very few materials that you can scratch on that DONT bother me...but most do.

Peeve #4
I hate generic answers to questions that require more then a generic answer.
John is the KING of doing this!!!
I will say something like "Oh my gosh, look at that cool car!" and he will say, "ok" .....AND THAT'S IT (because he is preoccupied thinking about something else)
SERIOUSLY....at least give me a "oh cool" or something!
One time i said to him "I had a really exciting day" and he said "ok" ...
ARE YOU SERIOUS!? OK?! That doesn't even work in my mind.
I am making him sound horrible, but he just gets preoccupied and can only focus on one thing at a time...uhg, men!

Peeve #5
Dishes in the sink, but not rinsed or soaking...
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, even when we DID have a dishwasher (which we do NOT anymore....bummer) this STILL drove me crazy. If you have the energy to put a dish in the sink, at LEAST just turn the water on for ONE second and let the water soak on the dish instead of letting whatever it is in the dish CRUST onto the dish.
I don't even care if you scrub all the crap off, at least just let it get "mushi-fied"
(that's one of those fun words I like to make up!)

Peeve #6
If you dont know, I am a bit of a hermit...for real. I also have Social Anxiety Disorder....and I think I am a bit of an agoraphobic (not joking...)
Anyways...One thing that I really really hate, is when people show up to my house without calling first. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE surprises, so when people show up and surprise me with some sweet thing, that is more then welcome...It gives me anxiety but I understand that I am just a weirdo, and so I try and let those moments slide...but when people just show up to say hi, or show up becuase they were "in the neighborhood" ...I dont know why, but it buuuugs me. At least give me a heads up!
What if I am in my underwear?!
(It's a common thing these days...HEY! Pregnancy makes you hotter then a fresh baked biscuit! Give me a break!)
What if I am in the middle of sorting through a bunch of tiny little items and you make me get up and loose track of where I was...
HAHHAHA
I know that sounds totally ridiculous, but these are the things I think about.

Peeve #7
stepping into something wet, while wearing socks.....EWWWW. I don't need to explain this one, its just unnerving...

Peeve #8
SOUL-LOOKERS!
My friend Carlee and I used to work as baristas together and we had a few, what we liked to call, "soul-lookers"
They are the people who look SO deep into your eyes, that it's like they are sucking out your soul, they can stare at you for the longest time without blinking, and you CAN'T look away if you try! It's creepyyyyy!!!

Peeve #9
I can share a soda, or share water, or juice...etc...
But if you drink out of a glass of my milk, I will not drink it again!
I dont know why, but somehow it just GROSSES me out!
I have only ONCE shared a glass of milk in my whole life, and that was with John. He said it was a major bonding experience for us because he knows how much I hate it.
....It hasn't happened again.....hehe

Peeve #10
Unnessasary elaborate lies
Ok, so lies in general suck...But have you ever caught someone in a totally unnessasary lie?!
I don't understand it.
I happen to know a person (I wont call this person out on my blog, but they MIGHT be related to me... ;)) who makes up lies when he doesnt "need" to! (I am not sure when you really "need" to lie, but you get my drift)
Anyways..This person, we will call them "Sharshall" (haha!) used to make up the WEIRDEST lies!
One time, he was smoking cigerettes in my dads house. We all knew he smoked, so that was no surprise, but he accidentally dropped the ciggerette on the carpet, and it burned a tiny little hole in the carpet. No biggy, really. Well...instead of just coming clean and telling my dad...this is what Sharshall did...
Sharshall set up a camera and took pictures of a thunderstorm that was happening at the time. We lived on a cliff and our walls were basiaclly all windows (it was a cool house) and so you could get the best pictures. Sharshall then took a bunch of pictures one right after another (with a time stamp on the pictures) and then stopped.
He then BURNED HIS FOOT....WITH FIRE! (Duh, I know.)
Then in the morning, Sharshall told my dad that he had been struck by lightening the night before. Uhh....are you kidding me!? And you are still standing here, just as normal as you ever were?...hmm, fishy.
Anyways, Sharshall showed my dad the photos of the thunder storm,including all the pictures of the lightening, that from our house always looked like it was RIGHT there. then showed him the burn mark on his foot....THEN took him upstairs and showed him the burn on the carpet. He said he was sitting with the sliding glass door open taking pictures when he was struck.
Here is the best part....Sharshall stuck with this story for YEARS. Never straying from this tall tale. (I actually think he STILL holds to this lie)

Now, I might be mean for telling this story on my blog, but most of you don't know Sharshall and never will, OR you are related to him as well, and you know what he is capable of...

I tried to "teach" Sharshall how to lie, while we were growing up. This makes me sound awful, like I am some professional liar, but I was only trying to help this person!
I tried to tell him that A) you only lie when you feel the truth will bring harm to you and B) KEEP YOUR LIES SIMPLE.
Instead of getting struck by lightening, what if you said you lite candles and one fell, or just say "i dont know where that came from " when you are asked about the burn
The funniest part to me, is that no one would have EVER noticed the burn in this carpet.


Whoa...That was a much longer story then I had anticipated but it had to be said!




Well, those are a few of my peeves.
Sadly I could go on and on, but I will spare you all...

Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hum, I feel like I am being even more blog stalkerish (is that a made up word?) since the reunion, lol. But leaving a comment is always nice so I will. Its funny how much I relate to you and your pet peeves. I hate the wet sock one, OMG it gives me the shivers, also unexpected company...I will not answer my door. I just peek out my windows and threaten my children to be quiet or ELSE! Haha. I do not understand why people feel the need to lie, it is wrong in so many ways, and it hurts more than anything when someone lies to you. Ugh, I hate it. I did a post like this a while back but it was not pet peeves but just random facts about me...I like posts like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete