Friday, July 15, 2011

*WARNING* You might vomit....

I have been begging John to clean our shower since before we moved into this trailer.
(When I say clean, I mean REALLY clean!!!...You'll see....)

I scrubbed the shower with warm soapy water before we moved in but there is NO ventilation in our bathroom (fan is broken and no windows near-by) and I can't use the kind of chemicals that we needed to clean this shower.

John has been VERY busy for months, so he really hasn't had time to do it, in his defense....But I literally take showers as seldom as possible because I would rather be disgustingly gross myself, then to take a shower in this disgustingly gross shower!

John kept telling me "it's really not THAT gross in there" but I could tell it was.
I have been shocked that he hasn't found time to clean it just because of what a germ-a-phobe he is.

So yesterday my back was aching SO bad. I needed a heating pad or something but as I have said before, my dog ate it, hhahaha!
So I thought to myself "Maybe a nice warm bath would make me feel better"
As I walked into the bathroom and looked at the bathtub, I just couldn't do it!
It was SO gross looking!

So then I thought to myself..."If I don't do this, it's not going to get done anytime in the near future and if it doesn't get done in the near future it probably never will get done! And if I wont take a bath in there, how will I ever put my child in there?!"

SOOO...Out came the chemicals that I really shouldn't be around (sorry baby in my belly! Don't worry, I used gloves and a mask, and even hardware goggles at one point so that I didn't splash it in my eyes!)

Ok, I am about to attach a picture....you will all be HORRIFIED!
I know I was.
John told me I should take a picture and blog about it but at first I didn't want to.
I was too embarrassed that we have been living in this filth for months!

Also, I must say....I was scrubbing the shower for THREE HOURS just to get it to the point that it is in this picture!
THREE HOURS!!!!
I still haven't finished. My arms were on FIRE from scrubbing, so I had to quit.

So here it is.....
GUH-ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be honest, I knew it was dirty in there but I had NO idea how dirty until I sprayed the first spray of the CLR.
My sister once sprayed the walls of a house she lived in with this tabaco cleaning spray (The previous owners had smoked) and she said it looked like TAR dripping down the walls....
well, same imagery here!
Obviously you can tell that I have cleaned the right side, and not the left.
I have also cleaned the fixtures and the wall around them. You can tell.

ARE YOU HORRIFIED!?

I also started to scrub the bottom of the bathtub a bit.
There are those little "non-slip" sticker things in our bathtub and although you cant really tell in the picture, they were just as gross! (I had no idea just how bad this was!)
You can see in the picture that the stickers closest to the drain are dirty looking, and as you move back they get cleaner and cleaner. That's because I have only done the right side....

So yes, that is our shower...
I am horrified at how gross it is.
I can't believe it took 3 hours to only do that much!

When John walked in from work yesterday (when you walk in, the first thing you see is the bathroom...lovely) he saw me on the floor scrubbing away and I scowled at him.
I told him that I was doing HIS job. He laughed.

My face was BRIGHT red, I don't think I have ever seen my face so red...
so he brought me a fan (he had to work on a paper that was due today)
I thought to myself, a fan would have been smart 3 hours ago....oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment