Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Can't hurt to spoil yourself a little bit sometimes


Right?

Today is my birthday....26!

I think...

Yep! I did the math, I am 26!!
(Just a few weeks ago I told someone I was 24....Whoops!)

I think this is the first year it has ever rained on my birthday!
But it was a nice break from the heat!
I think it was God's birthday present to me....I have been suffering in the heat lately!!!


Anyways....I decided to take myself on a little shopping spree today.
(Actually, I was in dire need of an outfit for John's high school reunion that is coming up because all I have to wear are sweats and big baggy t-shirts and dresses that I have for church...I wanted something more casual AND his reunion is going to be outside so I wanted something that wasn't BLACK, like the majority of my clothes!

I tried on about 87 dresses (non-maternity) at Ross but decided on this white one.

It doesn't look as cute in the picture as I think it does in real life but that's ok.
(also, I put the camera on a timer and set it on the window sill....cut out my face, oops!)
It's pretty tight, but it can be cute to show off my belly instead of hiding it, right?
It's a cute white summery dress that will be cute while preggo AND when I'm skinny again so it's a double bang for my buck!
(Pleeeeease let me get skinny again!)
I also got some sandles to wear with it.

I am totally embarrassed to post a picture of my feet because they are SO disgusting right now, but hey! I have a fat belly! I can't quite reach down there!
I was going to treat myself to a pedicure today but I have a cut on the bottom of one of my toes and sometimes those nail people can be vicious!!!
Don't worry, I will get one before the reunion!

Anywho..
They had this turquoise and soft pink color on them and I thought they were kind of "cute-sie"...
I don't own a lot of "cute-sie" stuff so...I thought I would splurge a little!
Then I happened to find (literally out of the corner of my eye) this really cute soft pink purse!
If you know me, you know that purses have always been a weakness of mine!
SO I GOT IT!
HA!
It matched the sandles perfectly and I was planning on wearing this little zip up thing that I already have over my dress anyways (in case it is a little breazy or I just happen to be cold for some odd reason, I like to be prepared), that matched the green in the sandles!
PERFECT!

THENNNN I slpurged on some sunglasses that I was unsure about...and after I bought them and drove about halfway home, I decided I will return them.
They aren't very me.

While I was in Ross, I found this blanket that I actually registered for because it is just SO cute....it was down from $17 to $5!!!
So I got that too!
HAHA...I never shop, so I feel like I made out with a TON of stuff!

After that I went over to Michaels and used the gift card that my AWESOME friend Niki got for me, so that I could keep crafting for the nursery :)
(Thanks again Niki!)
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to find some cheap white baskets for the changing table and GUESS WHAT!
I FOUND SOME!
They were in the outside bins at Michaels.
$6!!!

They had this SUPER ugly material lining them, but I knew I had some fabric at home and could make them look cuter....
Here is the before and after :)

You can't quite tell from the picture but those colors are like, NEOOOON!!! I seriously think it would glow in the dark

Oh, also, do you see that little coral colored bunny thing to the left on the changing table?
I got that from my Grandma a while back and thought it was sort of ugly
(it looked like this before...)
but it was a bunny!
So i had to make it work!
A little spray paint and WAH-LAH!!!! So cute!
It will hold little baby q-tips or something.

Then I came home, ate some lunch, sewed up some fabric for the baskets, and a knock came at my door....
FLOWERS!
My wonderful Johnny boy got me some flowers for my birthday!!!
Such a sweet man, I love him.

So it has been a nice day.
It was so nice to get out of the house and just be alone, as weird as that may sound.
I know that soon I probably wont be alone much at all!
So I am cherishing all the time alone that I have now.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. Miss Molly, I'm reading this blog (im behind from a ton of homework and being in priest lake) and my hearts beating super fast and im like omg... i missed her birthday?! I'm so sorry... I'm fairly certain I forgot to wish you a happy birthday...and even if I didnt forget...terrible me for thinking I did. lol sorry! and... you are soo very welcome for the gift card! I am glad you found the baskets you were looking for.. they look great! I miss you!!!! LOVE you

    ReplyDelete