Sunday, June 12, 2011

What to do besides CRAFT?!

Like I said earlier, I haven't been feeling great today.
I have just been propped up in bed, and on the couch feeling pretty crappy and unable to do much.

I have the best husband in the world. He picked some wild flowers after church and brought them home to me :) Could be be any sweeter? I think not!

Here they are in our entry way that I haven't really finished yet...

So while I sat in bed, after a short nap, with nothing to do, I started to cut out some paper flowers. I thought it would take me a few days to finish this project, but I managed to cut all the flowers out, curl them, hot glue the tacks to them AND hung them up!

Hanging them up just about killed me though, some spots in the wall are super soft, and some are really hard! (two tacks actually broke while pushing them in, with the little strength I had left in me.)

I think it turned out pretty cute, especially for it being PAPER!

Here is the paper I used
I only bought 6 sheets, but they are double sided...

Kind of bad pictures. Sorry..

Anyways...Here is how it turned out!


You think they should spread further along the frame? Let me know, I can't make up my mind.

I think it might be too busy looking if I do more, because we plan on putting a shelf along the top of the wall to put all of my old stuffed animals that my mom has saved for my first girl :)

I think it's plenty, but I might add just a few more. I'll wait till I finish the frame until I make that decision.
I think I am going to frame some robin-egg-blue fabric and then put the words "You are my sunshine" because that little song has some special meaning to me :)

My sister is making me a crib-skirt and a matching curtain (to cover the ugly dryer area) so I will probably wait until I know what fabric she is picking to do that. I am SO excited for her to be involved with decorating her nieces room :) Even from 2,200 miles away! She's an awesome decorator! She should seriously go into party planning or interior design!

Anywho...
Here is my 28 week picture....haha! Give me a break! I've only slept about 3 or 4 hours total! And not all at once! (Yes..I know..The Lord must be giving me lots of practice!)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have an even better week! Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. I Love the flowers... I think a few more along the frame would look cute, but it does already look cute now... so I'm torn too! I Am so impressed with your craftiness! Where do you get all your ideas? Ps I love your pj/ no makeup picture :) Still as beautiful as ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Good job! I say leave it as is till you get the shelf up there with stuffed animals then decide if you want more flowers along the frame!

    ReplyDelete