Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nursery stuff

My sister in Nashville, TN made me some curtains for this ugly dryer area in the babies room. There will be a hamper for the babies dirty clothes next to the dryer.
See those shelves over there on the right? I am taking out the bottom two shelves and putting up some closet rods to hang all the babies cute little dresses and stuff on.
It will be her cute little closet :)

Anyways, I can't wait to get the curtains!
I let her pick out whatever fabric she wanted and I think she did a great job!
The stripped fabric is going to be a crib skirt that I will make for the crib and she the made curtains out of the other stuff.

Once I get these I will be able to match some fabric to this white frame above the babies crib. Then I plan on putting a cute little quote in there. "You are my sunshine" or something like that.
My dad used to sing that to me when I was a little girl and so I like it for my little girls room. :)

Next weekend (4th of July weekend) John and I are going up to Spokane to visit my dad.
We are also planning on sanding and painting the crib and changing table.
They will be white.
It will be a lot of work but so worth it. It will really brighten the little nursery room up.

Next on the list of things to do is put up a shelf across the top of the wall for all the stuffed animals from my childhood that my mom is bringing over this weekend.
Can't wait to see my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment