So I made the crib skirt...
I haven't put it on the crib or took a picture of it yet because we are taking the crib apart to paint it this weekend.
I had left over fabric from making the crib skirt and so I stuck it in the frame with some regular old paper cut out letters (NOT what it will look like as a finished product...at all) to see what it might look like...
I hated the stripes in the frame. I thought I would, I wanted something more plain, but with a bunch of left over fabric, I thought I would just give it a shot.
It was just TOOOOO much for that wall with the flowers and stuff.
So instead, I ripped the fabric out of the frame and made a little curtain for the storage area on top of the babies closet. perfect.
I had some extra fabric so I decided to make a little curtain-ish thing for the changing table. The top shelf on the changing table will have some baskets in it to hold some diapers, wipes, baby powder...etc. but the bottom shelf we just planned on storing random stuff that we have no place else to put. So this will be great at concealing the clutter! :)
I had two pieces of fabric left. One much thicker than the other, so I used the smaller piece to make some ruffles to make it go all the way to the floor.
It's actually not totally finished in this picture but it turned out so cute!
This weekend John and I are headed to Spokane to sand and paint the crib and changing table (they will be white) at my dads house.
When we get back I will take some pictures of how it is all coming together.
It's so stinking hard to get a picture of this whole room because it's basically just this weird hallway...
Anyways. I have been feeling awful lately. It stinks. I think I mentioned it in a previous blog so I will try not to keep complaining, but it stinks!
No comments:
Post a Comment