Friday, June 17, 2011

Ovens make me cry

ooooooooh myyyyyy goodnesssss!!!!!!!!
This is totally blog worthy...Sorry if it is long but it JUST happened and so I am still feeling the rage!
Venting....here I come!

First off, we have not had an oven for THREE WEEKS!!!!!! OK?

Secondly, setting up this delivery and installation of the oven was THE BIGGEST most RIDICULOUS pain in John's butt, you seriously wouldn't even believe me if I tried to explain it, so I wont even try!

Moving on to today....
Well, the oven has arrived, but not without a small war forming between me and one of the delivery men. First off, he just acted rude from the get-go. I said "Hi,how are you doing" really friendly when he got here, and he just looked at me. Then said "where are we taking this thing"...wow, friendly service.

So I showed him down the hallway into the kitchen and told him that it's a pretty tight squeeze through our skinny little hallway, and that if he needed to, they could go around the side of the house. Then I took him and showed him the side of the house (which has kind of a skinny little walkway at one point) and the guy got this HUGE attitude all of a sudden and was like "yea right, good luck getting anything through there"

So I told him that we got our couches through there, and that our couches are a LOT wider then the stove but he basically told me it wasn't happening..

Then he walked to the other side of the house and while trying to see if he could get it through that side, he stepped in dog poop! HA! That's what ya get, ya big ugly jerk!

He cursed and said "Oh F'in great, I stepped in dog s**t" .....wow, this guy is CLEARLY very professional. So he then preceded to WIPE THE DOG POOP ALL OVER OUR DECK.....then (oh yes...it DOES get worse) he walked into our storage room, which has a nice rug in it, and WIPPED HIS FEET ON THAT. I about DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said "We aren't getting this oven in" and just looked at me with this big ugly look at his face like "you are an idiot and wasted my time"

I was so mad about his crappy attitude and the dog poop, and if you don't know me that well....I have no problem getting a VERYYYY big attitude, VERY quickly. In fact, not that I'm at all proud of this (I'm actually quite embarrassed) but my family has named my "other side" ...they named her Penelope. So Penelope was awakening..just a bit
(lucky for him she wasn't fully awakened!), and so I told the guy "Listen, we got all this furniture in here, these couches, which are MUCH bigger then the dang stoves, you can get the oven in here it just might be a tight squeeze!"
The stupid kid said "yea but it's not going to be fun" as if he was telling me that he wasn't going to do it...and i just said "well, sorry that it's not fun but we need an oven!" and then I started to text John because I was LOOOOOSING IT!

John usually can calm me down pretty quickly. I think the fact that I was getting an attitude and started texting SOMEONE made the kid nervous and he started acting a bit nicer, but it was too late as far as I was concerned.

So they start to wheel the oven down the hall, which is fitting JUST FINE, when I realized that the furnace door was probably going to get in the way. So I told the guy "hey if that is going to get in the way you can take the door off of it, it will probably give you another inch or two.
He said "oooooh, I don't want to mess with that. It's just not going to fit"




I was even MOOOORE mad now...I felt like screaming "TAKE THE DANNNG DOOR OFF...STOP BEING SO LAZY! IT WILL FIT YOU MORON!"

But instead I opted for, "Oh my gosh, if you let me through, I will take it off and you'll be able to fit just fine"
FINALLY the older man who was with this kid said "oh it's ok, ill take it off" and took it off for the loser kid. The oven fit just fine and BOOM...we got our oven.

I got the kids name but I don't really want to report him because I'm actually scared he will come back and murder me or something...haha he just seemed "off"

So the oven jerk leaves, and I am waiting on the plumber to come install the oven (yes....a plumber, the oven place didn't have any gas certified people (WHY?!??! WHYYYYY?!??!?!), so we had to call a dang plumber!)

The plumber was already an hour late (the oven guys were 30 mintues late and then took 30 minutes to argue with me and then get the oven in) So I call the plumbing place because the guy had come early in the morning to unhook our old oven, and told me he would be back at 3....well, it was now 4.

So I call the place, and the lady on the phone tells me that the guy ran late on a few jobs, and isn't going to be able to make it today.

*Cue the hormones*

I felt this burst of anger and felt a big lump in my throat start to develop and I thought to myself "are you seriously going to cry about an oven" well...yes, in fact I was. I bite my tongue and I calmly asked this lady (who has been VERY nice and helpful with us the last few days) if they are open tomorrow or if we have to wait until Monday. She inform me that we would have to wait until Monday. I ABOUT LOST MY MIND!!!!

I held back the tears for a few more seconds and said, as perky as I could manage "Oh that's ok, thanks anyways" and I heard her say "well it's not ok but...." and then I hung up on her.

HAHAHAHAHA.

I was so mad and I didn't want to get an attitude with her, because she had been so nice, so I hung up and called John, my knight in shinning armor, as fast as I could. He then called the lady, and she apparently recognized his number from all of the calling he did setting everything up, so as soon as she picked up the phone she told John that the guy would be here.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

I am actually typing this blog as the guy hooks up our oven. He is super nice. Asked about when I'm due and we talked about babies a bit. He and his wife had twins...told me some funny stories...but MAN...What a day! I can't wait to throw some yummy food into our new oven and eat away all my feelings! :)

Old ugly oven


Pretty new oven! :)



Hope everyone is having a most excellent day!!

2 comments:

  1. Bahaha I like that last part "and eat away all my feelings!" Hahaha we are so alike, Molly. :) I would totally do the same thing. Except, I'd be so mad and tired from the day that I'd be too lazy to bake. :) Glad you guys got everything FINALLY worked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh man I would be a raging ball of emotions after all of that too lol. I'm glad you finally got your oven!

    ReplyDelete