Sunday, August 18, 2013

John's famous labor notes

I am working on my birth story...
here are johns notes he takes during my labors. :) 
they are always entertaining...


·         Around 9PM—molly took sleeping meds, not expecting to go to the hospital that night. Contractions started at 10 and were strong. 
·         12AM – Left apartment to come to hospital after phone conversation with on call doctor. Some midnight road construction.
·         Fire/ambulance folks saw Molly contracting in the parking lot and got a wheel chair for her.
·         5-6 dialated and 80% effaced. Baby around a -2
·         Molly’s temp was 100.6 degrees. Baby was showing "signs of the fever" also. Nurses put her on a saline IV and brought it down to 99.1 degrees.
·         Molly mentions being very sleepy.
·         1:13am—Nurse went to call on-call doctor which is not our doctor even though ours said she’d be in this evening.
·         1:25am--- “baby, I want an epidural. …no, I don’t. yes, I do…but I won’t” “…this is the most uncomfortable bed ever.”
·         Molly says she wants to go to sleep
·         1:27---peed.
·         Molly doesn’t want me to touch her anywhere besides holding her hand when she is contracting
·         1:40---molly covered her ear with the heated blanket the nurses gave her
·         Complains about contractions being in her back
·         1:44—contracts and thinks she might throw up
·         1:52—“I feel a tiny bit of pressure in my butt. Not much, but a little”
·         1:55—J-“keep breathing” M- “shut up” J- “k” M-“sorry”
·         1:59—nurse checks progress. Really painful for molly. Dilation is 7-8.
·         2:11—“im in back labor. I knew it. I’m so miserable. My worst nightmare.”
·         2:17—feeling more pressure
·         2:26—nurse Emily says, “you are doing amazing. So under control.” Takes blood pressure.
·         2:33—contraction with a lot of pressure (8cm and -1, 90-100% effaced)
·         2:38—molly says, “oh my god. What am I doing?”
·         2:49—molly burps while I kiss her cheek
·         3:10—100% effaced. 0 station. 8 dialated. Nurses discovered a septum in molly’s vagina. Nurses calling doctor to update.
·         3:30—molly asks for a blessing
·         3:33—molly asks for oxygen
·         3:40—dr. door arrives and preps to break water
·         :45—needs to push
·         :50—evelyn is born!!! Boom!!!
·         7 lbs 14 oz  21”










No comments:

Post a Comment