Yesterday, being the day that John and I always celebrate Valentines Day, was a fun night! :)
We were trying to have a cheap - if not - free Valentines Day considering we are almost COMPLETELY debt free! WOOT!
So For the last couple weeks, I have been cutting out little hearts from some scrapbook paper I had laying around, and making some other decorations. I also made a salt clay hand print of Gianna's hand and got John a card. That was it.
So yesterday I spent all day decorating (it literally took all day between taking care of a fussy baby and trying to also clean our messy house!)
Before John got home, he called and told me that he wanted me to go in the bedroom so he could "do something"
So I lite the candles and went into the bedroom.
He walked in to my heart attacked house and candles on the table.
He didn't think I had planned anything like that, and he had planned on decorating the table...so he had to improvise.
Then he came and got me and I came out to candles, balloons and my favorite -- CHINESE FOOD! :)
I had even gotten a little bit dressed up for him (no time to do my hair...dangit! But I rarely do my makeup or hair or even get dressed in anything but sweats, so This was good enough I suppose) and even wore pearls, which are his favorite on me. I matched Gianna to me, and even put a few pearls on her.
When he came home, Gianna was sleeping in the candle light on the couch, wrapped up in a little pink blanket with her pearls sticking out :) it was adorable. :)
We ate our food and talked and then spent the rest of the night (literally...midnight) being goofy, wrestling a bit (no seriously, wrestling, that's not some inappropriate code word. He likes to wrestle and I haven't wrestled with him since before I was pregnant!) and just laughing hysterically.
It was awesome.
Who says you can't have an amazing Valentines day without spending much money!:)
I meant to get up with him this morning and make red heart shaped pancakes but....i didn't wake up....CRAP!
Oh well -- I still call it a success! :)
(i wish cameras could really capture the ambiance of a dark room with a few candles. Maybe some cameras can. Ours most certainly cant! So these pictures will have to suffice!)
(i wish cameras could really capture the ambiance of a dark room with a few candles. Maybe some cameras can. Ours most certainly cant! So these pictures will have to suffice!)
No comments:
Post a Comment