Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rugs, hutches and birthday parties

John let me go a little crazy the other day and I finally bought some rugs for our entry way. 
The really long ones are CRAZY expensive and it it way way cheaper to buy a few and put them together so that is what I am doing.
I bought a couple and thought they would be long enough but apparently estimation isn't my thing...
I need one more and then a rug to wipe feet on, but I like them (wish they were a tad wider but I couldn't beat the price)

Then next door there was a going out of business sale.
I bought some jeans and a bunch of tank tops, a cute little cardigan, a pretty dress for church and some pretty jewelry! 
So. Much. Fun. 
I hate shopping but this was SO much fun :) 
Probably because everything was DIRT cheap!
Hopefully I can go again soon *wink*wink*

Got some rugs for the kitchen as well.
I was in love with them in the store but not as much at home...
I think I'm just used to muted colors. Maybe they will grow on me :) 
John likes them 

They are teal. They match the teal in our chair covers

I also got my dream hutch.
I don't actually love it in the space we have for it but I love it in general. And I have some fun plans for it -- paint wise. 

Evelyn ate all by herself for the first time the other night. Avocado and asparagus. She LOVED it 



She also loved the sink bath afterwards 


She has a cute little afro. Cracks me up. 



Then we snuggled 

Daddy ran in to buy Austin's bday present (we asked what he liked and they said chocolate milk and balloons. So we got some balloons and weighted it down with a case of chocolate milk. Haha! -- then wrapped it in foil because we didn't have wrapping paper. Classy)

Aiden loves Evelyn. It's the cutest thing ive ever seen. And when she smiles or laughs at him it makes his day. Adorable. 


Austin got a fake little iPad for his birthday and no one (including the adults) could figure out how to turn it on. 


Angela made the cutest Elmo cake. It was yummy too! 

Then John put Alex in a box and taped him up. 
Aiden was joking around and she he wanted to put him in the recycling bin but when John started to carry him out there, Aiden FREAKED OUT because he thought Alex would get crushed and so he was yelling and yelling for John to stop and started to get panicky and John said "you don't want me to put him in the recycle bin?"
Aiden said, "NOOOO!!!!"
John said, "what about the trash?"
And Aiden smirked and said, "ok"

HAHAHHA we all died. 


I've been having some really heartwarming experiences here in lexington. I love my ward so far. I feel comfortable there and at home. I love our home. I love that I already have a friend here (bonnie) and that her husband (Keith) and John really seem to have hit it off. I do miss my family but johns sister in laws family is all here and they already just feel like an extended family and I've barely been around them.
My heart is so full. 
I finally feel like this is where we are supposed to be in life and it is a very very welcomed feeling.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment