When Gianna poops on the toilet, she likes to say that she is done IMMEDIATELY after she finishes.
However, she's rarely actually done.
She usually has to come back a few minutes later and go again.
So instead, I try to keep her on the toilet until she is actually done.
It's hard to do these days because she gets worked up when we dont take her off when she says shes all done, and i try not to make the toilet experience a negative one.
So if she insists, i take her off, otherwise I try to sing fun songs with hand motions (she LOVES "popcorn tree". That's by far her favorite, but also really likes itsy bitsy spider and "bumblebee")
i also show her pictures, read books, etc..
Today I decided to pull up the colored Alphabet flash cards that I made her and had stored on my phone for easy access while out and about.
I had taught her A-D and the shows "Super Why" and "Leapfrog" taught her F, O and R but today she SHOCKED me by knowing 17 LETTERS!!!!
I was dumbfounded.
Sadly I can't take too much credit because I think the last 3 days of me not getting any sleep (thanks to her) at night, and resorting to too much TV watching throughout the day, actually benefited her in this case.
She knew these letters;
(And rattled them off quickly...didnt have to think about it at all.)
A,B,C, D,E,F,G,L,O,P,R,S,U,V,W (buh-buh-you), X (says S but gave me a look like, "i know thats not right but i cant say it correctly" so I gave it to her. ha) and Z.
She also knew all the colors of the letters
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Brown, Black (and also knew white when i pointed to it)
Shes getting so smart it is CUH-RAZY
She also has really liked clay animation shows for the last couple months.
Lately she watches this one called "Pingu" i believe.
Its a clay animation with Penguins.
I dont love the clay animation shows because there is essentially no learning involved
(the characters dont even talk. Just make noises)
but it's so adorable because she will just start busting up laughing and then say "Silly penguin" here and there while watching the show.
I love it.
Another favorite show is called "Bo on the Go". They make the kids get up and do lots of different motions like running in place, or stretching up and getting on your tippy toes to "reach" for something, jumping and all sorts of stuff.
Gianna LOVES to participate and usually points at me and says "TRY IT!".
So I usually am pretty involved as well. haha
She usually allows me to "Try it" from the comfort of the couch where I am laying in misery. :)
Its been a lifesaver since I havent been feeling great recently to let her watch these shows.
Gianna loves going to the pool and asks constantly if we can "go pool? water? hot?"
She loves the hot tub....
(Luckily our hot tub here is like bath water so we spend quite a bit of time in the hot tub)
She used to be really brave and would jump off the side to me, over and over, but lately shes been a little bit more of a nervous nelly about it.
She also hates her face getting splashed or going under water but we are slowly trying to fix that.
She has become increasingly protective of me.
My dad and all children are prohibited from touching me and the other day John was massaging my feet (good man) and she yelled "let go!" at him and then began hitting his hands with a tv remote control.
Oh boy....just in time for a new baby, joy.
Today I asked Gianna what her favorite color is
I dont think she even knows what that means...
but she said "Green, green and orange"
So there you have it. Green and Orange are apparently her favorite colors
Cherries, Kiwis and Yogurt are her favorite things to eat....by far
but she also asks for Pizza a lot (we never have pizza! Its weird)
and the other day asked me for "fish and carrots"
wha?!
We never ever eat Fish since neither john or i like it....
and i dont remember the last time we had carrots in the house...
very odd.
Today I asked Gianna what her favorite color is
I dont think she even knows what that means...
but she said "Green, green and orange"
So there you have it. Green and Orange are apparently her favorite colors
Cherries, Kiwis and Yogurt are her favorite things to eat....by far
but she also asks for Pizza a lot (we never have pizza! Its weird)
and the other day asked me for "fish and carrots"
wha?!
We never ever eat Fish since neither john or i like it....
and i dont remember the last time we had carrots in the house...
very odd.
No comments:
Post a Comment