John has been working LONG hours
I have probably complained about this 500 times in my blog but seriously....like 14-15 hour days.
Its rough.
He also always has the car so im stranded, which is fine most days because we have a pool and a nice walking trail right here but some days I just feel the need to get out.
Plus we have NOTHING ...i mean, NOTHING for this baby and I can't make my craigslist purchases that I find. *siiiiigh*
Yesterday John surprised me by coming home and calling someone who I had wanted to buy a baby swing from.
Then driving me down to get it :)
He still needed to work so I dropped him off in an area and Gianna and I killed a couple hours on a playground at an elementary school in the area and then got mcdonalds before picking him up again.
She has a new-found appreciation for swings.
She has never held onto things...
like, if you would put her in a shopping cart and shake it around a bit, she wouldnt hold on she would just let herself flop around.
Same with a swing...which made it not quite as fun as it could be.
It wasnt until recently that she started to hold onto things (seems so weird to me. Her one and only developmental delay. ha!)
Once she realized she could hold on, she just about died.
She did NOT want to get out of the swing.
She wanted me to push her faster and higher.
she just laughed and laughed and laughed with joy.
So adorable.
After what felt like FOREVER in the hot sun pushing her, I had to bribe her to get out....
well....not so much a bribe as a trick.
Sue me.
She has walked around small jungle gyms before but this was her first time on a really big one.
See that bridge in the background? I wish I had a video of her on it. She was so nervous but having SO much fun at the same time, walking across that bridge.
I managed to guide her along the entire jungle gym and up to the tallest and twistiest slide.
She was nervous but eventually went down and LOVED it.
Then of course all she kept saying was "AGAIN! AGAIN!"
She burned a lot of energy climbing this jungle gym to the tall slide!
There were also bunnies running all over the field (there are bunnies EVERYWHERE here) and she decided to chase some and was very sad when she couldnt catch them.
Then we stopped at McDonalds because it was the only place around, and got some food.
She got a toy shoe with a star on it. Which was perfect because the girl LOVES shoes and loves stars!
And the shoe lights up. She was thrilled.
We havent quite mastered the juice box yet. *siiiiiigh*
I tried to teach her to hold it by the little tabs so it didnt squirt out but she was fully against that idea.
Whatever.
It was SO much fun to be on a little date with Gianna because since we moved to Arizona I haven't been able to go out much (besides short walks/trips to the pool)
It was nice to play at a park alone, and then go out to eat alone.
I love my sweet girly.
We picked up daddy later and he needed to stop at the office, which takes FOREVER....
Luckily she fell asleep and so her and I just hung out in the car.
It was a really fun day.
I got to be with John a bit, I got to FINALLY make a purchase for this baby (ive only bought ONE thing for this baby. A coming home outfit. Two actually, one for if its a girl and one for if its a boy, but they are a secret....hehe) and I got a date with my girly :)
It was a good day. and we all slept REALLY well last night :)
Today we spent 4 hours at the pool, hopefully she sleeps as well as she did last night :)
Today we spent 4 hours at the pool, hopefully she sleeps as well as she did last night :)








No comments:
Post a Comment