Friday, August 17, 2012

BBQ and Lentils

There has been a lot of "stuff" going on this weekend with all of the students coming back into Pullman
Today we went to a free BBQ for lunch 
it was actually pretty good! 

It was INCREDIBLY hot. 
We brought lots of water for gianna and she was dressed really light but she ended up getting REALLY hot
Her face got all red and she started to sweat and acted a bit sleepy...which freaked me out
so we poured water all over her (she actually loves it) 
and then booked it a mile UP hill to get her to our air conditioned car
poor thing
she was a trooper though
Lots of dancing again....
she looooves dancing






Then we went home because Gianna needed to nap and John had a few things to take care of
I ended up taking a two hour nap....
I had no idea why I was so tired until I woke up and realized i was FRIED!
Uhg. 
In all my worry to make sure Gianna had plenty of sunscreen on, I forgot to put some on my own pale self. 
whoops.
Im going to be hurting tomorrow!



Next up....The Lentil Festival
Ok...
I have been craving a funnel cake (which by the way I have NEVER had....weird)
since I was pregnant with Gianna...
recently a friend of mine (who was pregnant at the time) was craving funnel cake and mentioned it to me. 
Uhg...
I have been a war path to find myself some funnel cake 
(so much for my diet...ha)
anyways...
we have actually gone to a few "fair" type things to see if they had funnel cake with no luck!
UNTIL TODAY
We were walking through the Lentil Festival here in Pullman and I saw a funnel cake stand
YESSSSSSSSSSS
It was pretty good.
surprisingly good for fried dough with powdered sugar..

John got to taste his FIRST Lentil Festival chili today. 
FINALLY
He has been wanting to go since he started at WSU 
(a loooong time ago)
but he has never been in town for it. 
Finally....we are in town.
yay.
It was pretty good too :)


It's been SO nice to have John home with us and I  am even more excited for him to be on a NORMAL schedule!
YAYYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment