Tuesday, January 3, 2012

toofless


Gianna had a doc appointment today.

First off, we named her Gianna....
I did NOT think it was that "different" of a name, that it would constantly get pronounced wrong!
She always gets called "Gee-Anna" rather then "Gee-aw-na". 
It's so weird!
They even left a message for DIANNA once! 
HAHA!

Anyways...they scheduled us wrong so we have to go back in for her shots on Monday. 
Uhg.
It's unfortunate because I had mentally prepared myself for it to be today. 

also....
Apparently Gianna is NOT teething!
News to us.
We told him about her not sleeping very well during the night and being SUPER fussy and having some diaarrhea then I showed him the spot on her gums. 
I totally thought she was teething. 
After all my "research" it seemed like she was a classic case. 
I could even see this "tooth" poking through but knew that it usually happened a bit faster then it was so i was confussed...
The doctor looked at her mouth and thought it was a tooth too...until it POPPED!
It was a cyst!
apparently its normal but who knew?!
Gross.

So...
apparently the SUPER-extremely-hard-to-handle-fussiness and then only-sleeping-two-hour-stretches-at-night-when-she-used-to-sleep-8 symtpoms have nothing to do with teething....
Joy.

On a happier note, he is totally impressed by her every time that we have a check-up
She is doing stuff that a 6 month old does and is advanced in that arena. 

She probably has a bug since she has had some diarrhea. 
Here is to hoping that it's not just because shes decided to be hard-to-handle! 

1 comment:

  1. So when you're talking about diarrhea , what exactly are her symproms? Since breast milk is a natural diarretic, breastfed babies usually have thin poop. It's only considered diarrhea if she's having over her normal amount of full diapers. But what you eat and how much foremilk she eats can affect the color and. Consistency of her poop. http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/baby-illness.html
    I sure hope she starts feeling better soon! Maybe she's having problems with gas since she's obviously had a change in her poop cycle. Brody has problems with gas if he's been in the carseat or carrier for too long one day.
    Hope you guys figure her out soon! Unhappy babies are no fun!

    ReplyDelete