Yesterday Gianna had her 4 month shots
She handled them MUCH better this time which was quite the relief.
Although, instead of sleeping all day like last time, she cried all day.
JOY.
We went to a friends house last night for dinner
They made sweet and sour chicken and chow mein
IT WAS BOOOOMB!!!!
We brought dessert.
I made some homemade fortune cookies
They looked good, but I thought they tasted awful
So John made some cookies to bring also.
I love that man.
We even had this little Chinese food gift box that we brought them to their house in.
Ha. We got a little carried away. But it was fun!
Gianna got REALLY fussy right around 8 and o.m.g. the ride home was AWFUL
poor girly was miserable. Just very tired
She's back to her normal schedule though which is VERY nice...and just in time for John to start school :)
See this table?
Well, I got it from my grandma when John and I got married.
She got it for 5 bucks at a garage sale (which is actually a great deal considering what a solid table it is!)
Anyways...it was nasty when I got it.
Stains all over it...scratches...it was bad.
so I worked my buuuutttt off sanding it down
spraying it with an air gun to get all the dust off
and then staining, staining and re-staining.
I stained it a really dark cherry wood color.
It was beautiful, but I didn't have time before I moved to polyurethane it.
I planned to do it...but never did
So every time I washed the table, stain came off
it obviously faded, A LOT and got some scratches
SOOO after a hard decision, John and I decided to just paint it black.
It'd be a lot easier and faster than staining it again!
The new one is in our storage room drying, I will let you know how it turns out.
On my very last coat of polyurethane a bunch of hair? fuzz? i dont know...some sort of fiber got all over it...
im so upset but hoping that it will be able to just rub off after it drys.
Heres to hoping!
Gigi was sucking her thumb like a champ, watching TV with daddy the other night.
I swear she has some sort of 6th sense about cameras.
She hates them.
Right as I took the picture, she moved.
bummer.
still cute though :)
I am excited to see the finished table. I hope it turns out nice for you. Also, my nephew who is 3 months old sucks his thumb. SO CUTE! Not gonna lie, but have seen first hand how hard it is to get someone to stop sucking their thumb or fingers (my sister did it until she was in her teens). Anyways, my sister got some "no,no" ointment, or something like that made for babies to put on their fingers so they dont suck them...don't know if you know about it already, or if you wanted to know about it. But its out there, I think you can find it in any baby section of target or walmart or something like that. Uhg today has been my day of giving out unsolicited advice to people (I did it at a book fair at school when a girl wanted to buy her 3 year old niece a "brat" doll book (brat dolls are so immodest!) and I told her that was not an appropriate gift for a 3 year old girl, that I would not even get that for my 7 year old. Anyways, take it how you will. Sorry if you did not want that adice. I will end my super long comment now. :)
ReplyDelete