Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the life of a table

So sad to see the stained wood go...
but this was soo much faster and easier and looks SO much nicer. 
It looks sort of out-of-place with the ugly wood chairs (one sanded down, one not. HAHA)
...next to our ugly paneled walls and nasty orange carpet aaand ugly paper curtain! 
HAHA! 
but we got to start somewhere, right?!

(after the first time I stained it....wish I had a before of this!)

(after some obvious use)

(painted black!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I think it turned out really nice. I agree that the first photo it was at its best, but I get that to get it looking like that ever again would be very time consuming (which us moms do not have a lot of). I love the blck though. Its very Chic.
    I do not know if your landlord would let you do this or not, and you may have already thought about this, but you can paint the wood panal walls. A few years back my ex and I bought a house and "flipped" it. It had wood panal walls. They were ugly. But we painted over them and it CAHNGED the look of the room completely. Here is a link to my old blog http://rebekahsthename.blogspot.com/
    scroll down about halfway and you will see th house that we flipped. There is a red room that is now greenish, those walls were panals. UGLY! But see how it just made it look 100x better? Anyways, thats it. If you are up for it you can read the rest of that blog it is from before I left my ex husband. I was kind of fake, mostly about how happy I was. But eh, I am all the better for it if you ask me. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete