Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tears of Joy. Friends are awesome :)

Ok so, I know I have been a bit blog crazy today, but I couldn't resist typing up an IMMEDIATE blog about what just happened!!! It literally happened like, 5 minutes ago. Haha!

So, John is gone, working out...and I am at home, learning new songs on my guitar (yay!) just trying to relax and enjoy my night, when I hear a knock on my door. Of course, the dogs go NUTS. So I have to chase them down, lock them in a room and run to answer the door as fast as possible (which usually takes me around 2-3 minutes which is a lot longer then it sounds! a lot of people start to leave by then and I have to catch them halfway down the stairs!) So after locking up the pups, I open the door and see my friend, and visiting teacher, Courtney. She is SUCH an awesome person, which I have always known, but today just sealed the deal! :)
Her smile always lights up my day, but this time it brought tears to my eyes. I am not a cryer, so I was trying really hard not to let my emotions get the best of me....but CHECK IT OUT!

So she obviously read my blog earlier, and came bearing gifts...this is what she brought me... (If you have not read my "*grumble* *curse* *grumble*" blog...then go read it first, so you can better understand why she brought these things)
She brought me....
-Chocolate ice cream (because she obviously read from even earlier blogs that I have a new love for chocolate milk shakes)
-Dog treats for my absolutely insane and bark-fanatic dogs
-sewing needles because I broke my last one!
-Felt...in case I ruined the felt I was using earlier when my glue gun broke
-A glue gun to borrow so I could finish my little project!
-and the SWEETEST card ever that she made.


aah....

Since I know you will eventually read this, I just wanted to say that...Courtney Mattoon, you are the sweetest most thoughtful and kind person I have ever known! Thanks for being such a great friend! :)


It reminds me of this really hilarious, kind of gross poem that I once heard...it goes something like this (I'm about to be a total "moment ruiner" as John and I always like to say).....

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants....
Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's true warmth"

HAHA!

Well, here's to a great end to my awful day!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw! You are so sweet. I know that you would do the same. I love and care about you! From the looks of it, looks like today is going to be a much better one! GREAT! See you tonight at 8:30!

    ReplyDelete