Tuesday, March 29, 2011

disasters drive me nuts

When I say disasters, I am specifically talking about food disasters. When I make a dinner, and something doesn't turn out right, or try to bake (I am NO baker!) and things just go up in smoke. Well, today, John had me make 6 different little cakes for the people he home teaches. We had this leftover cake mix that we didn't know what to do with from Valentines day. It's strawberry and neither of us like strawberry cake (is that mean, to give out cake you don't even like? I hope not....I bought my favorite frosting for them if that makes it any better! haha) anyways....he wanted me to make them in these separate little tins. So, as the good wife that I am, I did. I thought I had left plenty of space for them to rise, but apparently not! They overflowed a massive amount! I had to cut the tops off to even make them work. Well, that in and of itself was a disaster, it made frosting them nearly impossible! Grr...they are so ugly looking now, little cake bits all in the frosting....*siiiiigh* oh well....

1 comment: