Today I realized something interesting.
John and I have spent half our marriage living with family/roommates!
We spent about 6 months living with his mom to help her out and keep her company after Johns dad had passed away...
We spent a year living with our roommate Rebekah in Pullman....
And now we live with my brother!
We've been married for 3 years and spent a little over a year and a half living with people!
Shock encompassed my face when I realized that.
How did I not realize this before?
Anyways moving on to what I was actually going to blog about...
Our dishwasher!
So when John and I were moving out of our first apartment in Pullman we had a few options...
All of which had something missing.
Either no A/C, no yard for the dogs, no washer and dryer or no dishwasher.
We decided that the dishwasher was the least important and moved into our trailer.
I stinking LOOOOOOVED our trailer.
Seriously...I surprisingly loved it!
But lets just say that dishes didnt get done on a regular basis...
And because dishes were always an issue I hated making breakfasts and dinners because of all of the cleanup!
Since we have moved into our new apartment here in AZ (and we have a dishwasher) I have realized how truly important a dishwasher is, for me at least.
I mean, sure, I could live without one and be just fine and happy but....dishes would always be an issue and breakfast and dinners would always be something I despised.
But since having a dishwasher, I have been making really yummy breakfasts almost every morning and dinners every night and I ENJOY doing it!
What?
I think John is in 7th heaven.
I'm pretty sure he will forever provide me with a dishwasher now. Hurray!
Speaking of dishwashers...I have a funny story--
Yesterday I put a load of dishes in the dishwasher and turned it on.
An hour later I realized they were STILL washing!
I thought it was so weird and noticed that the dial had "somehow" turned back last where I originally had started it at.
I thought it was weird and so I turned it onto the drying cycle so that the water would drain.
About 15 minutes later I heard the dishwasher clearly WASHING dishes....with water.
WHAT?!
I was so confused again and so I went over and turned it off, thinking it must be broken.
Half a second later Gianna came over and turned the dial to the top...to the start of the heaviest wash.
It allllll made sense after that!
Apparently she loves the dishwasher as much as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment