Friday, October 5, 2012

Talk about pooping


This is some serious mom talk
If you arent a mom you probably wont care to read this blog. 
If you are a mom you might not care either.
It's about pooping. 

:)

You probably opened this blog thinking,
"what the heck?! She's already potty training?"

Well...no...not really
But Gianna already knows when she needs to poop before it happens so I have started a little "routine" that seems to be making leaps and bounds in the whole potty procress.

Every time she does the potty face
(freezes, blank stares at me with a concerned look)
I say, "Oh yayy! Are you going poopy?!"
And she smiles and then "does her thing" 
while she is "doing her thing" I tell her, "Good job going poopy! You're doing a good job!"
Inbetween her reddened face and heavy grunts she gives me smiles because she knows she is doing a good thing.

Then after the deed is done I clap vigorously and squeal,
"yayyy you did a good poopy!"
and she gives the biggest smile in the world and claps enthusiastically for her accomplishment. 

It's the cutest thing in the world but thats not the best part!

The best part of this whole routine is this:
Gianna goes through these phases where she doesnt mind getting her diaper changed, and times when she fights it with everything in her power. 
The last few months have been a fighting month.
Ever since I started this poopy talk stuff she LOVES when I say "Lets change your poopy!" 
She runs to me and if a diaper is in reach, she brings me a diaper and lays there proudly knowing she did a good job 
:)

She also LOVES flushing our toilet. 
Hopefully she is as easy to potty train, when that time comes, as she has been with everything else!

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how Audrey was. I think she will be easy to potty train. The hard part is convincing her that it was her idea all along so she won't try to use her power to refuse to do it. Oh, wait. Maybe that was just here. :) Getting her comfortable with the toilet and focusing her attention on knowing when she is going potty are the first steps so you're doing well! Not saying she'll be potty trained next month, but she seems like she will be ready soon!

    ReplyDelete