I have been looking for a dresser on craigslist and in thrift stores for FOUR MONTHS.
I wanted to put our TV on it to put it up a bit from Gianna.
When she has some TV time during the day, she likes to stand about 3 centimeters away from the TV.
I have heard mixed reviews on it damaging their eyes but either way, it just bothered me!
Also she just started to learn how to turn the TV on and off and change the channels which was very annoying when mommy and daddy were having TV time!
Also, a dresser would add to some storage to our place.
So 4 months of me looking for a DRESSER and today I settled on an entertainment center
John went and picked it up and when we got it home, we realized it was about 6 inches taller then we wanted.
That doesn't sound like much, but in our TINY trailer it made a big difference.
I was SUPER annoyed and so I emailed this woman who refinishes furniture.
I have been admiring her work for a while.
Some of her stuff is really fun colors (teal, hot pink. etc....)
but i found her cheapest dresser ($100) and asked her if she would take 70 for it.
I was shocked when she responded with "Sure, just for you."
YESSS SCORE!
So we went and picked it up.
I knew it would be pretty clashy with everything else in our house....
(brown couches, brown bookshelves, brown walls, brown carpet, black table....everything pretty dark)
but I didnt care, i just wanted a dang dresser already!
So we finally got it
WOOHOO!
We still need to move some things around so that the cords arent handing everywhere.
It cracks me up
All that dark stuff and then BOOM....a white dresser.
but whatever, it works and we will be selling everything we own soon anyways!
This is what we had before
And now this.
much more functional and got a STEAAAAAAAL on this gem!
___________________________________________________________________--
The other day I got myself some lunch and sat on the couch to eat it
Gianna was playing and I was admittedly ignoring her a bit when I heard some stuff being moved around
I looked and she had gotten into the cupboards
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
I bought some cupboard locks a while ago and half of them were super easy to install, the other require some math and measuring.
I tried a few times and kept failing so i gave up and have been waiting for john to do it....
well..hes a busy man but it looks like he needs to take the time to do it now!
Until then....duct tape will work
....just keeping it classy :)
_______________________________________________________
Yesterday John was on his way to school and had a plum in his hand.
While kissing Gianna goodbye, she stole the plum and took a HUGE chunk out of it
....she proceeded to eat the ENTIRE THING while john and I said goodbye
We were STUNNED
(I changed lots of dirty diapers that day. haha!)
Today she grabbed a peach out of the refrigerator and did the same thing
I guess she really likes fruit :)
No comments:
Post a Comment