Sunday we spent the evening with my dad...we made up a little card trick, and wrote "You are going to be a grandpa" on one of the cards. So John had my dad pick a card, and then towards the end of the trick John held up the card we made and says "Is this your card?" ....My dad said "NOPE!" .....And then John said "I think it is....." so then my dad got closer and read the card and just got the biggest grin and was so excited!!! He looked around at everyone, thinking that they knew, i assume, everyone else was like...whats going on? So he showed the card to my step mom, Chris, and they both got up to hug me. My step sister was there, and she already had an idea, so once they got up and started congratulating us, it clicked with her. but once again...WE FORGOT TO FILM IT!!! Man...what losers are we?!
Anyways..It was a fun trip. We got home last night, and today, I had my first ultrasound! It was SO exciting. John really hasn't had the whole "baby situation" click with him yet...So I hoped that this would be that moment...well, it was! As we sat in the doctors office, waiting to see the ultrasound while the doctor looked for the baby....John sat, kind of "blah"...just there....and then all of a sudden you could see the outline of what clearly was a little alien baby :) haha. And you could see the little heart beating....Right when that popped up I heard John say "WHOA!" and then he put his hand on my shoulder and had the BIGGEST smile, from ear to ear :) It was so special :)
On the way home from the doctors office, we stopped at Kinkos (becuase our printer is broken) so that we could scan the pictures (so i could post them on facebook of course!) of the ultrasound, and also so we could make some copies because John wanted one for his wallet....HOW CUTE IS HE?! hehe...
anyways. Its been an exciting few weeks but I am SOOOOO glad I can finally start talking about this!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment