Saturday, January 8, 2011

Maternity pants here I come!!!!

So, today, I found out I AM PREGNANT! WOOHOO! It was a bit of a shock but we are of course very excited. I have been sick all week with “cold and flu symptoms”. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she said that it looked like I had caught both viruses that have been going around. One being a cold, one being a flu. Oh boy! I seem to catch most things that “go around” so it wasn’t a huge shock. She gave me some anti-nausea medication and sent me packing. When Friday rolled around is when I got a bit suspicious. I took TWO naps on Friday. I just could NOT keep myself awake, just doing the simplest of tasks felt like it was taking ALL the energy from me! So I took two naps, and they weren’t just cat naps, I basically slept away the day. That was pretty strange, especially considering we had JUST got a puppy on Thursday and she wasn’t asleep the whole time…hehe. So I thought, hm, could I be? ….naww…no way. So the day went on and the thought totally left my brain. So, Saturday morning rolled around, I had slept REALLY well the night before (which I thought was weird considering I slept the day away!) and John and I laid in bed for a while talking and checking email and such…well, within about an hour of waking up, I had fallen asleep again! For a few hours! RIDICULOUS! When I woke up from my nap I immediately walked into the bathroom and took a test. I still didn’t think I was pregnant, but I just wanted to get that thought out of my mind! I peed on the stick (haha) and waited and waited…not really impatiently at all, because I thought I knew the answer was going to be “not pregnant” so I tidied up the bathroom a little and when I looked at it I think I did a double take, and then I literally looked into the mirror, at myself with a HUGE smile on my face and just did this dorky little “oh my gosh” sort of laugh! Hahahah!!!
Then I walked out and told John. I always thought I would do it in some cute way buuuut….i just couldn’t wait! He was pretty shocked considering we talked about the fact that whenever I would take the test, I would do it with him….whoops! We had a test because John surprised me one day with some presents and flowers and one of the presents was a “what to expect when you are expecting book” and one was a pregnancy test J he was telling me he was ready to start our family. (cue the “awww”) we never really “tried” we just stopped preventing it.


(This picture says "You're my everything! Let's get our family GROWING!!!) :)


Anyways, I felt sick all day, but I managed to scarf down a few slices of super healthy celebratory Pizza…mmm…nothing but the best for our little bean! J Then the missionaries came over, and after that, we went to some friends of ours who were having a “I didn’t want that for Christmas” party…(such a cute idea!! Stealing that one!) The party was so fun, and I loved all the people who were there but MAN I was EXHAUSTED, I was trying my hardest to not look too tired because I really was having fun!! We played Disney Scene it which….if you know me…you know I am TERRIBLE at!!! (The Little Madrid….need I say more?) Well this time, I didn’t do too shabby! I mostly just sat back in pure uncomfortable-ness (bloated, sore tender swollen boobs, nauseous) trying to stay awake and look alert, but there were a few times where I knew the answer and I would SHOOT out of my seat and SCREAM the answer…hhaha, it was embarrassing but a lot of fun. I hope to host a little game night at our house soon.

After the party, John and I ran some quick errands at Walmart and then came home. John played some video games, and is actually still playing as I write this first entry in my little pregnancy journal.

I am keeping a pregnancy journal for a few reasons. One being that I am dying to get this secret off my chest (I know, it’s only been one day, but I hate keeping secrets!! Especially something as big as this!) So this will be a little outlet. Two, being that I would like for my children to have something they can read about all the feelings I felt or cravings I had. Because my mom can never remember! It has become a little joke in our family. And third because I plan on blogging all of this, but I of course cannot do all of that until we start telling people. So…keeping track of everything now, to make it easier J

I plan on calling the gynecologist on Monday and making our first appointment…hoooow exciiiiting. I don’t think it has really hit either of us yet, maybe me a bit more then John, but I think that is just natural. I am the one feeling sick and having big ol’ swollen boobies! J haha…he just heard the words “im pregnant”…I think it will definitely take him some time.

It’s so funny because I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mom so bad…but the MOMENT I found out I was pregnant all I could think was “aaah…I don’t want to give birth!!!” hahah! Oh boy…

Anyways…that’s all for now, more updates later J

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete