Monday, May 6, 2013

Vomit. A lot of it.

What a day, what a day.

You know those days that start off really crappy and you just KNOW you're in store for a long day.
That's the sort of day I have had today.
One of those things was a poop accident. Gross.
I was making some dessert for John for when he got home from work and Gianna said "uh oh, pee-pee!" And sure enough, the girl had pooped her pants.....and not a "normal" poop. a much thinner type...need I say the dirty "D" word?
UHG.
My pregnancy gag reflex is AWFUL and I was baaaarely able to clean everything up but I did it. So proud.
(On a happier note, it's her first accident in a week!)

But now, I'll skip to this evenings story to keep from writing a book.

So after a long and very frustrating day, I sat down to my yummy crock pot chicken dinner.
I texted John and told him that somehow eating alone was depressing and I missed him. (He doesn't get home till 10pm these days)
So I ate a few bites and Gianna was on the couch watching TV. (She hasn't been wanting to eat much lately...teething does that to her)
All of a sudden I thought I heard her puke and I looked over and she was making a weird face. So I checked on her and she was fine, no puke.
I thought it was so weird but she was giggling so I went back and ate more of my meal.
Halfway through my meal Gianna walked over to me, very calmly, and then projectile vomited all over the carpet and my feet.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.

So I stayed calm to not freak her out (she looked a little concerned) and I walked her to the bathroom in case she needed to puke again.

We got in there and she immediately puked on the floor. It splashed everywhere.
All up my legs.
Everywhere.
So. Gross.
So I moved her closer to the toilet and started to run the bath water in her tub because she was a mess.

I could tell there was another one coming so I leaned her over the toilet but it freaked her out and she fought it a bit and threw up again all over the floor. TWICE. Splashing everywhere, again.

The smell was so bad I think it would have bothered me if I wasn't pregnant, but being pregnant my nose is extra sensitive and gross smells cause me to puke. Every time.
So then I leaned over the sink (because the toilet was a bit hard to get to with puke all around it) and started puking into the sink.
Keep in mind I was JUST eating chicken, green beans and potatoes. Yea. Nice and chunky....in the sink. Smart Molly. Smart.
Gianna was so concerned and kept asking "you ok? You ok?" So in between puking I would look at her, smile and say in a really happy voice "yea, mommy is ok! :)"

The smell was so over powering that I ran across our apartment and started the water in our other bathtub. Then ran back to her bathroom and tried to start cleaning up.
With four separate attempts I puked each time.
I even peed myself once.
*siiiiiigh*
Oh pregnancy...the things you do...

Anyways.
I finally gave up and closed off the bathroom. Turned on the fan, opened the windows and left.
I even put a towel outside the door so the smell couldn't come out.

Then I showered off because i was covered in puke and pee. Awesome. I bathed Gianna and texted John again and told him the situation.
I wasn't sure I was going to be able to clean the mess!

Luckily for me my husband is AMAZING and after an "oh my!" response I got a "Turn on the vent and close the door and ill clean it when I get home. No prob"

He wasnt gonna be home for two hours so its pretty disgusting but I just couldn't...I just couldn't....

I did manage to clean up the carpet a bit although it needs some carpet cleaner that we don't have yet. UHG.

After all of that I still had half my dinner left. You think I ate it? No way. I laid on the couch with my poor sick girly, with a puke bowl to (hopefully) catch more puke.

Ah the life of a mother.


*since I wrote this blog Gianna puked 6 more times, twice all over me. Once all over couch, three times in different spots all over house. On carpet.
Thank goodness for a husband who's willing to leave work early to help.

**since I updated last she has puked many more times. Can't even keep down water. Bought pedialyte tonight and stuff for "BRAT" diet for tomorrow. Hopefully she will feel better after sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Oh y goodness! That is the worst. I am so sorry. I hate when my girls get sick, especially when they are so young like Gianna. Then the smell sensitivity on top of it is horrible. I totally understand what happened to you and empathize. I hope that she is feeling much better today. Poor baby.
    I will also agree that you married an awesome man! That is total commitment right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sorry for all of the mis-spelled words...ugh!

    ReplyDelete