Thursday, May 30, 2013

poop overload

I will admit...
When Gianna was potty trained in a week with no accidents for three weeks afterwards 
(besides one in her car seat when we couldnt pull over fast enough) 
i felt pretty awesome about my parenting skills. 
I felt like, "man, i really have this down! Im doing it! Motherhood has been such a breeze!" 

Oh how God tends to put us in our place when we feel too comfortable. Right?

So this week, Gianna has pooped her pants 4 times. 
Not only that, but she hides, poops, and then just sits there silently until I realize shes being too quiet. 
It's not like im ignoring her all day, sometimes we could be mid playing a game and she will just get up and run around like her crazy little self and all of a sudden shes gone, pooping somewhere. 
I can't believe it. 

God, I am humbled. 
hahahaha

I have been unsure of how to handle it. 
Do I scold her? Do I act sad? Do I punish her? 
I didn't feel like any of those fit the bill....but I was at a loss. 

The first time I acted pretty bummed but not mad at all. 
Accidents happen and she had went three weeks without a single accident so I just made it known that pooping in our underwear is yucky and we need to go on the potty. 
The second time (next day) it happened I was a little peeved because I had asked her if she needed to go potty, she said no and then just pooped...
(and it was a liquidy one....EWWW....i know, i know, too much info) 
The third time it happened (third and fourth time BOTH happened today. Lucky me) I was just sort of shocked and dumbfounded....why is this happening? 
Then she did it again later......
WHAAAAAT. IS. GOING. ON. 

I told my mom about it and she told me that my brother did this same thing for a loooooooong time. 
That worried me. 

My good friend told me her son (who is 4) still does this. 
Shock, disbelief, and horror came over me...

How could this be? 
We went 3 weeks with her going potty (including poop) in the potty just fine! 
Even when we were out and about. 
She would tell us she needed to go and wait until we got to the restroom. 
Why, now, is she deciding to hide and go in her underwear?!
WHYYYYY!!!

I reached out and asked another good friend of mine for advice. 
She's sort of become my go-to girl for parenting advice. 
I ask a lot of people for advice but her answers always seem to "feel right" if that makes sense. 
And normally is works, if not helps, with whatever situation I am dealing with. 
Shes pregnant with her 6th kid and owned a daycare for a long time sooo....i tend to think she has some experience with lots of different kid situations. 

Hopefully her advice helps, and Gianna fixes the problem because I don't do well with poop. 
(Although i would choose poop over puke ANY day! I can't handle puke almost at all....)

This week has just been sort of rough all around. 
Here's to hoping the rest of it is poop-free!


No comments:

Post a Comment