Thursday, May 16, 2013

26 week check up

I had my 26 week check up today.
It went good.
Quick like the normal "boring" appointments are. 
My blood work all came back great and no protein in my urine. 
Blood pressure is good. 
I was actually shocked. 
I've been having so many issues I figured something was wrong for sure.
Baby had a strong heartbeat of 153. 
During my ultrasound a few weeks ago the tech kept on laughing because the baby was kicking RIGHT on her wand over and over in different spots. You could see it and feel it, it was funny. 
Today when they took my heartbeat the baby was kicking the wand. I could feel and hear it. It was neat. The nurse thought it was hilarious.
Too bad the baby won't do that when daddy puts his hand on my belly. Gianna did the same thing with John. Stopped every time he tried to feel her kick.

I only gained 2lbs in the last 4 weeks. (Slightly under two actually :-/)
The doctor said I should have gained at least 4. 
I don't know what it is but I've only gained 9 lbs this pregnancy so far. 
The doctor said that it would normally worry her but that everything looks fantastic and so she's not worried.
I think it's because I'm fat. Hahahahh!!
I don't know how I've only gained 9 lbs.
My belly is huge, my pants are a little snug on my thighs. 
I feel enormous.
I lost weight in Hawaii and I imagine I probably lost weight this last week with the stomach bug that I had. 
We will see how I do this next trimester!

The doctor referred to the baby as a "her" and I almost lost it.
She said it and then stopped herself and said "do I know the sex?" And started looking through her paperwork. 
I told her "I don't know but if you do don't tell me because we didn't want to know!"
She got all red and flustered and swore up and down that she doesn't know the gender and they don't put it in the charts if you don't want to know to make sure the doctor doesn't slip. 
I think that's crap because the doctor had the ultrasounds right there, I'm sure they included the picture of everything "down there" in the file. But who knows.
If it comes out a girl I'm gonna kick the doctor in the face.

:-D

Yesterday my heartburn was so bad I could hardly function. 
Today I had a headache so bad I could hardly function.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and I'm hoping to take Gianna swimming. Hopefully I can function by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment