Monday, April 22, 2013

Potty training....restart

Remember when I started potty training Gianna a few weeks ago? 
Well it only lasted one day. 
ha! 
Mostly because after day 1 (which she did really good at) I decided that we had too much going on. 
My neice was coming to stay for two weeks and we were about to move. 
It just wasnt the right time. 

Yesterday, however, was the right time. 
Yep, that's right. 
We started potty training yesterday. 
For real!
It was really nice because since it was Sunday, John was here to help! 

The first few hours were rough. 
Gianna understood the point of going in the potty, but she would pee FIRST and then run to the potty. 
Once we finally got a "hit" and she earned her little jelly bean, it was like she caught fire.
She totally understood. 
For a few hours after her first "hit" she was literally peeing every 4-5 minutes. 
John and I were super annoyed but obviously happy and proud. 

She even pooped on the potty last night!
I was in the kitchen making dinner and she ran to me with these eyes that said, "Something is wrong!"
I knew she probably needed to poop because she hadnt gone ALL day so I asked her and she said yes. 
So we ran to the potty and I put her on. 
She did NOT want to poop on the potty. 
For some reason it was terrifying for her.
She wanted to stand up. 
but I sat her on the potty and leaned in for a hug which she LOVES and so she held on, in hug form, and pooped. (with fear in her eyes)
We were SO excited. 

There were basically no accidents after that first "hit" except for the little bit that she goes in her panties.
She usually pees just a tiny spot in her panties and then tells me she needs to go. 
Its just a tiny spot though so for it only being the beginning of day 2, i think thats pretty great!

I feel like I shouldnt blog about this because I am sure to jinx it but we are excited. 

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think that sounds GREAT!!!! Seems like she actually understands the concept and her responsibility in the situation. Hope things continue to go well!! We had a couple weeks of great progress then a week of several accidents with Audrey. So hopefully that doesn't happen... But I can recommend a great floor cleaner if it does ;)

    ReplyDelete