Friday, April 26, 2013

Frames, Scholarship, Burgers and Bellies


Today was yet another joyous potty training day...and another sick day for me. 
Although towards the end of the day I started to feel much better! 
Let's hope I'm cured tomorrow!

I spent most of the day "crafting" on the computer. 
I have ZERO crafting supplies but have wanted to start a picture wall for our place so I made up some images.

I like this first one because its so true. 
And we move a lot so its fitting :)
I've been really wanting to do some silhouette pictures for a while now but never got around to it. 
So i made Giannas first (so cute) and then mine....Still need to get a picture of john to work with. 
These are just rough drafts....the final product will have much cleaner lines but i cant do that part yet. 

 (see, total rough draft, you can still technically see gianna face! ha. 
Ill be cutting these out seperatly on black paper so you wont see that part. these are just my stencils)


Today while making the silhouettes I couldnt figure out how i wanted the bodies so I turned to pinterest for inspiration where i found this gem.
As totally cheesy and ridiculous as this is....i LOVE it and am totally going to do it! 
Hence why my silhouette looks the way it does
*side note - i took a totally seperate picture of my hand to do that. ha. cracks me up)

Then I made this important date thing.
The day John asked me to be his girlfriend.
The day we got married.
The day Gianna was born
and the day the baby is due...i will change it to its birthday once it is born


Then of course, all the places we have lived to far :) 





It was fun to craft. Even if it was just on the computer.
Those will all be framed and matted and mixed in with a bunch of other picutres...
I just need frames, spray paint, paper, glue, scissors, mat board, an exacto knife...and a bunch of other really BASIC stuff that is frustrating not to have. 
*SIIIIIIGH*

______________________________________________________________


John found out today that he got a VERY prestigious $20,000 scholarship to go to Taiwan. 
Funny though because we will be turning it down since we arent going anymore, but he is still considered a Boren Scholar which is VERY very cool.
WSU is interviewing him for some WSU newpaper or something and going to put up a picture of him in the WSU library in the "Distinguished Scholar Permanent Public Display" that they are creating. 
Meaning his picture will be one of, if not THE first picture up. 
SO COOL!
His picture will be up there forever! 
It sort of makes me laugh thinking that 30-40-50 years from now his picture will still be up and people will look at him since he is the first and think, "Look at what he's wearing!" or "whoa look at his hair" or whatever it is that makes him look "weird" in the picture, like when we look back in time at pictures of our parents.
how fun.

I am just so proud of him i cant even begin to express it. 

I took him to "Champs" which is a restaurant thats about a block or two away.
We had THE MOST amazing customer service ever. 
We got three free gift cards with random prices on them and then we got these like, membership cards that earn us all sort of free stuff for doing NOTHING, and we got a free dessert of our choice....
all for it being our first time in that establishment. 
It was awesome! 
The food was really good too.
We were VERY pleased...
Although we did dine next to Zombies which was odd....
It scared the crap out of me when I noticed it. 
So i took a covert picture of them ;) 

See them? Right behind John. 

Here, let me zoom in for you. 
See the blood dripping from her mouth? 
HAHA. so weird.

We found out later that their was apparently a "Zombie Race" That they were a part of. 
mmmmkay.


Anyways, overall it was a good day :)

Here is me at 23 weeks and 4 days
(I figured since i actually got dressed, i should document it. hehe)


1 comment:

  1. I must have missed something. No, Taiwan? How come? You look great! I love the idea of the maps shaped as hearts. I might have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete