Remember the last blog I wrote about how we are going to re-try sleep training?
Well...
The weirdest thing happened!
The night that I wrote that blog we all went to sleep but not before we snuck Gianna into her crib.
well as it turned out, John had forgot to turn the baby monitor on in our room so we couldn't hear her if she cried that night!
Well actually, John ended up hearing her around 1:00am.
He said it was SO quiet he couldn't believe he woke up for it.
He said he woke up and thought to himself, "uhg, ok, time to go get her"
but then he fell back to sleep.
We have no idea how long she cried.
John said he woke up at 5:30 and realized he had forgot about her.
She wasnt crying but being the awesome daddy that he is, he got up and checked on her.
She was fine and sleeping well.
It was SO weird!
We werent even planning on starting the sleep training that night!
In the morning we both were amazed at what had happened and both looked at each other and said
"well, day one!"
ha.
So last night was day two and let me tell you...
IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
We decided that we didn't want to do the Ferber method (where you check on them periodically) because we both felt like checking on her would just make things worse so we decided no matter how much it would break our hearts, to just not check on her at all.
We kept the baby monitor on so that we could hear when and how long she cried.
She woke up 4 or 5 times last night but only cried for MAYBE a tops of 10 minutes (i tend to even doubt it was that long!) and then put herself back to sleep
So day two of sleeping in her own room...TOTAL SUCCESS!!!
The hardest part was, funny enough, this morning when I went to get her, I think she had a slight panic attack when she saw me. She started breathing real funny, as if she were hyperventilating and flailed around to make sure I could see her. Poor thing!
The hardest part was, funny enough, this morning when I went to get her, I think she had a slight panic attack when she saw me. She started breathing real funny, as if she were hyperventilating and flailed around to make sure I could see her. Poor thing!
The funny thing is, I think that John and I got so used to getting barely any sleep at all, that now that we are getting a full nights rest, we wake up feeling soo tired!
As if we are getting too much sleep (which we arent....7 hours isnt too much)
Our bodies just aren't used to it I guess.
Annnyways. Yay for accidental success!!!
yay! I'm glad she has responded so well to it. :)
ReplyDelete