Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today was a BUSY BUSY DAY!

Man I feel accomplished today!! I have not stopped since I got up this morning, which, being unemployed and not having any friends or money, is kind of a big deal!

This morning I woke up a little groggy, considering I barely slept at ALL last night! I got up, took Gunner out, cuddled with John for a few minutes (he didn't sleep well because I was up all night yelling at him, and poking him because he was snoring...hehe) then I got ready to go visit teaching....did that, which was SO nice! It's always nice to get out of the house and make new friends. The girl I visit taught? teached?...no, it's definitely taught....anyways she has the CUTEST 3 kids. The oldest one is such a talker and he is pretty stinking funny too, so it was a good time. Then I came home and hung out with John while he got ready for work. He went to work, and I went to Wal-mart for some grocery shopping, but made a pit stop at the Dollar Tree...FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! HAHA! You are probably thinking, "What the heck were you looking at in that tiny store for an hour and a half?!" Wellllll....I was getting Christmas decorations! Plus some decorations that will look cute after Christmas too.
Then I came home and realized that John was going to be home in one hour and 15 minutes, which was a bummer because I wanted to get the house all decorated for him before he came home on break. So I grabbed my hot glue gun and got to work! I'll post some pictures later of the christmas stuff, I haven't taken any yet....
THEN I made John dinner. When John left I cleaned up, did the dishes and then went into the office and began working on a coaster project that I have been wanting to do for a while. My mom (Or my grandma maybe..or both...) bought me some coasters when John and I moved into our first apartment. I really liked them but i wanted to spice them up a bit. So, although we have not decided on what color slip covers we will be getting (someday...hopefully sooner then later!) but it will more then likely be black brown or red..Or possibly a blue-ish greyish color...anywho...I found the PERFECT paper from a scrapbook box that my grandma gave me for my wedding. I painted the coasters and then cut the paper into circles, distressed the edges and mod podged them on! I think they look SO cute! John said "you should sell that stuff!"

Here are the before and afters



After all of that I wrapped some presents which took a SURPRISING amount of time! And my back was ACHHHHHHHING. Next time i will have to remember to sit at a table instead of the floor!

Then a load of laundry....

Then took gunner out and John came home...i couldnt beleive it was 12:30 already! I hadnt taken a breath all day!!! So...now he we sit at 1:15am with a dominos pizza and with a heating pad on my aching back.

It was a long day but it was a lot of fun! I havent had much to do in so long, the change was nice!

(I end this now, as I hear a picture frame from our entry way crash to the ground after John walked in........a wifes work is never done!)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about my CRAZY kids. I swear things aren't normally so chaotic. Thank you for coming!!

    Super cute coasters!!!

    ReplyDelete